Couple of questions regarding threat card encounters, text boxes and thousand son sorcerer.

By Gentlemanbastard, in Relic

If you have multiple different attribute enemy's( a blue, a yellow and a red) who do you battle first, second and/or third if they are all enemy's? Do you have to go strongest and work your way down or can you choose?

The card thousand son sorcerer, if you draw this card and bring all the enemy's with the same attribute to the space do you then also encounter there card description for instance draw a corruption card at the start of this battle?

If you land on a space txt box that makes you draw a threat card after a dice roll, does the threat card go to the discard pile if you fail/defeated or does it stay on the space? If it stays on the space do you encounter the card first then roll for the text box?

If you have multiple different attribute enemy's( a blue, a yellow and a red) who do you battle first, second and/or third if they are all enemy's? Do you have to go strongest and work your way down or can you choose?

The card thousand son sorcerer, if you draw this card and bring all the enemy's with the same attribute to the space do you then also encounter there card description for instance draw a corruption card at the start of this battle?

If you land on a space txt box that makes you draw a threat card after a dice roll, does the threat card go to the discard pile if you fail/defeated or does it stay on the space? If it stays on the space do you encounter the card first then roll for the text box?

#1: "If there is more than one enemy with different attributes on

the active player’s space, he determines the order in which

he battles those enemies, resolving each battle separately." (p. 12)

#2: What's the exact wording on TSS?

#3: "During the Engagement phase, the active player interacts

with Threat cards and text boxes on his space. To do so,

he resolves one of the following steps. If at least one Threat

card is on his space when the Engagement phase begins,

he must resolve step A . If there are no Threat cards on his

space, he must resolve step B.

A. Resolve Threat Cards

B. Resolve Text Box" (p. 10)

As long as there are Threat cards in a space, you only encounter them, have to move away and come back to encounter the space itself (this can be used to block off people from completing their Missions). Cards on non-threat icon spaces remain until defeated (except the Forbidden Portal which states discard all cards at the end of the turn).

So if you choose the order do you take the ones you defeat as trophys even if you lose one of the battles or do they get kept on the space for the next person to encounter them?

TSS exact wording is "At the start of this battle each enemy in your tier with a willpower attribute immediately moves to your space and joins this battle."

So if you land on Lair of the vexigar or Mutant warlord. Roll 4-5 draw a yellow threat card, mutant draw a red threat card if you don't win the battle then they get left on the space I would have thought they would get put into the discard pile?

Thanks for the reply.

So if you choose the order do you take the ones you defeat as trophys even if you lose one of the battles or do they get kept on the space for the next person to encounter them?

TSS exact wording is "At the start of this battle each enemy in your tier with a willpower attribute immediately moves to your space and joins this battle."

So if you land on Lair of the vexigar or Mutant warlord. Roll 4-5 draw a yellow threat card, mutant draw a red threat card if you don't win the battle then they get left on the space I would have thought they would get put into the discard pile?

Thanks for the reply.

#1: If you win a fight, you get the trophy(ies), but stand-off or defeat ends your turn, so the rest of the cards remain unfought and on the space.

#2: It's one of those things I'd like a Relic FAQ for, could argue either way that Start of Battle is done or that SoB is still going on and joining enemies trigger their SoB, if any. I think we've played that they do still trigger.

#3: No, Threat cards on Vex or Mutant Warlord don't get discarded until you meet the requirement for them (defeat Enemy, etc.). And while a card is one the space, you don't roll a die, you only encounter the card.

Awesome thanks for clearing that up for me, think I will just play that they do trigger makes for a harder and more exciting battle