Tucson

By SuperKalelJorson7, in CoC Organized Play

I would love to participate in or help set up some organized play in Tucson.

If you're in the area and are interested let me know.

There are a couple of stores around town that could host.

I also put in a notice at the BGG Tucson guild.

I have a friend that lives in Sierra Vista that is often in Tucson.

He collected and played the ccg to a considerable extent.

He hasn't gotten involved with the lcg mostly because no one

plays out there. He retired from the USAF so he doesn't make

it up to Phoenix much anymore. I'll have him contact you if he's

interested.

Thanks. I know that Hat's games on Alvernone and 29th supports the game pretty well. They tried organizing a tournament earlier that didnt pan out. I'm hoping they do again. If they don't I was going to try. Either way I'll be collecting the cards, but it would be nice to play.

sepayne7l said:

Thanks. I know that Hat's games on Alvernone and 29th supports the game pretty well. They tried organizing a tournament earlier that didnt pan out. I'm hoping they do again. If they don't I was going to try. Either way I'll be collecting the cards, but it would be nice to play.

When you say, "... supports the game pretty well." what do they do specifically?

Are they running demos? Do they have a Servitor? Are they running leagues?

If the answer is 'no' to any or all of those questions, would you consider taking a more active role?

The owner is a big fan of the game and is willing to play. There are several "buy 3 copies of each AP" players (I'm not one of those-I buy 1 to 2 copies) who also play at the store, but everyone is on a different schedule making organized play difficult so far.

Yep, I am willing to take on the role of setting something up. I'm in process of getting a kit right now.

Just got my e-mail notice that I should be receiving the pack next week. I'll start planning now.

I happen to be one of Hat's buy-3-of-each players. If that's you who threw in for a tourney sheet then I'm already signed up!

~J~

Yep, that was me. Well, Dave (Hat) printed it up and set it out. I was there to play with a new friend from Sierra Vista. He seemed to like the components for the organized play. I don't really have a specific format that I really want to do. They have a league play that takes about 7 weeks to finish, or if people would really rather play a one day tournemant. I imagine Dave has some experience organizing these things and he had some good suggestions including SAGA and RinCon.

I spoke to our friend in Sierra Vista recently. He told me that he really enjoyed playing.

I hope things continue to grow for your group! aplauso.gif

sepayne7l said:

I was there to play with a new friend from Sierra Vista.

He seemed to like the components for the organized play.