New preview up?

By Jonnyb815, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

The Campaign mode will be fun, but I am 150% more excited for the Skirmish mode.

I love the multi-faceted aspect of skirmish play.

...And the fact that it's going to have superb organized play.

...And the fact that you cannot lock doors (good-bye, Lockout Victories!)

...And the fact that the maps are small, which virtually guarantees engagement right from Round 1.

...And the fact that the squads are so customizable.

I'm actually interested to see what can be done to make some high-point skirmish battles, with 100pts per squad. Obviously you'd need bigger maps, but it seems like that would be a lot of fun too. I think there is a LOT of room for player creativity with this system.

I just don't like that the Imp can get the Smuggler Goods Mission done turn 1. Yes it puts their Commanders in the open but gives them a 15 pt lead. I guess the rebels need to try and counter turn 1 with attacks and then take out turn 2.

I know we don't have all the maps, Command cards, Etc feels like Black and blue back in the day.

I wouldn't go that far. The piece carrying the contraband has to survive the journey back (with a -2 speed penalty). And I'm not sure it's worthwhile to return a crate immediately, if it means losing some of your guys in the process.

I haven't really examined all the stats closely enough yet, but it seems to me like the rebels have lots of firepower on their pieces; more than the Imperials do. I'll have to wait and see all the cards to say anything for sure though.

Really its more balanced than I thought. The rebel player just needs to have a good act count to counter a first turn lead. I am just a little scared about out acting then hitting hard or getting vp with the imperials because of all the movement. As you have brought up adding a lot of officers takes away your damage output.

When building a rebel squad it seems your act count is 5-6. Imperials have 2 cost guys that help with movement and act counts is what i am a little afraid of. The rebels having access to more command points and cards per turn could keep balance. Han does have a I win init command card and there is another command card that helps win init, then there is a brawler +1 move at the start of a round.

I need to see all the command cards, maps, full stats, all missions to really get a good view on the game.

Edited by Jonnyb815

The idea is you assemble a team that's well balanced. When you show up to a tourney you don't want to have nothing but commanders, then you could only win this mission.

Im sure it'll work out fine

I love the multi-faceted aspect of skirmish play.

Yep, pretty much the only reason why I'm interested in skirmish.

I suppose I'm not going gaga over skirmish just yet because the customizable squad/variety of upgrades fix is being satiated by X-wing right now.

Loving Luke's stats though. Nice to see that he has a saber strike option!

Yes, I love it that Luke does have a lightsaber option. And it's a pretty heavy damage option too!

Yes, I love it that Luke does have a lightsaber option. And it's a pretty heavy damage option too!

Yes Luke is great because of his action for allies and being Melee/Shooter. I think that he is high damage output is just a plus. being able to reroll 1 die Defense or offense is pretty big.

We what really need now is a status update on the release, with the dock worder issue and all. Would be nice to know if it is out by christmas

Edited by Hatting

We what really need now is a status update on the release, with the dock worder issue and all. Would be nice to know if it is out by christmas

they made it known that its coming out in the 4Q of 2014. They made a big deal that its getting released in 2014 and not 2015. It won't be a good start if it gets pushed back to 2015. I am pretty sure its coming out in dec at some point.

Yeah, it's certainly looking like FFG expects it by Christmas, but sometimes things are beyond their control. I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch.

After reading the article I'm waaay pumped for Skirmish now. The command deck building aspect is a neat added addition.

After reading the article I'm waaay pumped for Skirmish now. The command deck building aspect is a neat added addition.

I am very excited about the Command deck. Im a little confused by it saying its a 15 card deck, with a total of 15 points worth of cards. Is There any cards that are free? I am really glad they spoiled missions and the map

There are 0 cost cards and the Rebels have extra ways to get more points and draw more command cards per turn than the normal one.

Edit I also saw that the rules guide said there are 42 command cards and I counted 42 cards all together in the ally/Villain packs.

Sounds like we will have a pretty good collection to build from.

Edited by Jonnyb815

84 cards all together or to start out with? Awesome! Now that I've thought about it more, it reminds of the Overlord Deck

42 in the starter then, 42 more in total with all the ally/villain packs so yes 84 in total.