Any More Previews?

By Eragar, in XCOM: The Board Game

We got previews every few weeks for a while, and then they stopped... Is this normal of FFG? Any idea when/if we Dan expect more?

Yeah, I think it's been over a month since the last one. I guess the game's dead. :(

Seriously though; I suspect that FFG expected the game to be released a lot earlier than its current expected release date, and started the previews accordingly. There was then some delay in production, and so FFG have had to spread the previews out really thin to cover the intervening time.

This is all guesswork though. In any event, we should have another preview pretty soon (considering the month-long wait).

Edited by Bleached Lizard

Yeah I was pretty excited about this...but it looks like they are holding off until they are ready to drop it. Probably means it won't be ready for the holidays

If I had to guess I'd say the merger with Asmodee has something to do with it. I'm guessing FFG's new overlords have some thoughts and opinions about the game that are currently under discussion.

It is odd that they went radio silent all at once. I hope Asmodee doesn't ruin everything awesome that FFG has been doing. For instance...I would be super sad if they killed their 40k RPG games.

If I had to guess I'd say the merger with Asmodee has something to do with it. I'm guessing FFG's new overlords have some thoughts and opinions about the game that are currently under discussion.

About the only thing I can think of that might be covered by that is some kind of distribution thing that might help get the game here faster, but even that I doubt. I can't think of any reason why Asmodee would want to delay a game that is no doubt going to be very popular so that it is only released *after* Christmas.

About the only thing I can think of that might be covered by that is some kind of distribution thing that might help get the game here faster, but even that I doubt. I can't think of any reason why Asmodee would want to delay a game that is no doubt going to be very popular so that it is only released *after* Christmas.

I am new to the whole board game scene so my ignorance is likely showing. That said I would be dumbfounded if any product, scheduled for a Xmas release is delayed till January, without some form of unresolvable snafu. If there is a way, I would think they will find it. Then again perhaps the board game industry is a law unto itself. IDK. Really do hope it makes it here whilst the silly season is upon us.

Edited by Dichotomy

I am knew to the whole board game scene so my ignorance is likely showing. That said I would be dumbfounded if any product, scheduled for a Xmas release is delayed till January, without some form of unresolvable snafu. If there is a way, I would think they will find it. Then again perhaps the board game industry is a law unto itself. IDK. Really do hope it makes it here whilst the silly season is upon us.

Well, right now on the product page it's listed as "available soon" which leads one to believe that it will be...available soon. But they've been pretty quiet as far as I can tell, so barring some kind of major flaw they discovered that needed to be corrected, the Asmodee thing is the only factor that makes sense from an outsider's perspective. I'd guess it probably is a distribution question now and they probably spent a few days/weeks in conversation with their supply network. But this is all just guesswork based on absolutely nothing.

I'm crossing my fingers though, hoping we'll get it before Christmas!