Aging Characters

By ymrar, in Only War House Rules

Through a quick glance and some googling I didn't manage to find if anyone has made any ageing rules to any of the 40k RPGs.

Our current campaign in Only War has Mercenary Company aboard a Rogue Trader vessel. All of the players (me included) work as GM in turn, and make "Operations" with players who can come to the game.

It works nicely, but as "main" GM I wont to move forward a main plot that happens in the Koronus Expanse. For it to feel logical, I need time between operations. So now between every operation there has been a time gap of about one year in game time.

Some of the mercenaries are old veterans. My own character will turn 40 soon. I'd like to introduce rules that have chance of affecting stats through ageing.

If someone knows a link to rules someone has already made, or have some ideas on it, would be welcome.

Eh ... for the higher classes/rich/well-connected/valuable people in the 40kverse, there are rejuves, which, depending on the process and how often it is undergone, effectively keep the recipient from aging, and can even reduce one's bio-age. Active lifespans for those with access to rejuve can easily be well into the second or even third century.

Admittedly, most people don't have access to rejuve treatments, even if they know about them, but a Rogue Trader most assuredly has relatively easy access to rejuve treatments.

Yes, I'm well aware of the possibilities for mid to high class people in 40k. Rejuvanations, augmentation, cybernetics, cloning, outright sorcery... possibilities are endless if you have the resources and means for it.

The mercenaries Aboard the RT-vessel, as I said we are currently playing, on the other hand don't.

We are playing soldiers with Only War system, not officers with Rogue Trader system.

Hence I'm asking if anyone knows, or has seen, or has ideas for house rules for ageing.

I remember D&D had in some of the editions. There were a bonus to mental abilities and minus to physical abilities, but I'm not sure Only War system needs anymore bonuses. So I'd propably want to stick with negatives. The amount of bonus chars can get in this system is ridiculous as it is...