Overwatch

By Username is already taken, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

"Each any time the specified conditions

are met before the start of the character’s next turn, he can perform

that attack"[sic]

Is it each time or any time?

Each time seems overpowered to the point that you might as well just use overwatch all the time, as in

'Each time the heretic takes a step forward I will fire a single shot',

enabling you to fire far more shots at far more targets in a turn than you could with any other

attack.

I think it's probably a typo,

but I thought I would let you guys know and ask about it,

Maybe needs to have the phrasing tidied up a bit in errata?

How about something like:

"Overwatch allows you to perform an action on another characters turn instead of on your own turn,

you may not perform more actions in 'overwatch mode' than you would be able to in a normal turn."

I believe it should be "any". Basically, Overwatch delays a single ranged Attack action (Standard, Semi-Auto, or Full Auto) until a target presents itself. Overwatch ends once the attack is executed (already implied by RAW).

I don't think Overwatch needs to be rehauled past the typo fix, though adding melee attacks to the mix could be interesting. Using non-attack actions during Overwatch doesn't really make sense, but feel free to enlighten me.

Edited by Asymptomatic

Pretty sure you're still only allowed one attack per turn, so either way it doesn't matter.

Pretty sure you're still only allowed one attack per turn, so either way it doesn't matter.

Turns and Rounds are distinct from each other, to my knowledge. Characters are limited to one attack per Turn, yes. However, characters can attack as many times as they want to per Round. Methods of creating additional attacks are limited, though.

Edited by Asymptomatic