Beta Update 10

By FFG_Sam Stewart, in General Discussion

Hi everyone,

Beta Update 10 is now live . Also, please be sure to read the announcement that comes with it, concerning the approaching end of the beta process.

You have the Civilian Pathfinder ship listed for pg 190 as well as 188. It looks like that is supposed to reference either the Adz or IR-3F.

Nice to see that the strength upgrade on unleash power is base damage, that resolves a question i had.

Nice to see some boost the the vastly under-powered Pathfinder. Now it's actually a cheap ship one could want to use.

Yes the pathfinder only have front and aft defense.

"...to add 1 damage per Strength upgrade to the base damage of Unleash for this attack."

giphy.gif

Hello Ray,

Yes, that is correct, it is supposed to be representing the IR-3F. Thanks for catching that! We'll change that in the final beta update.

Unleash update solves the issue I had with Burn completely. Very happy :) Although this week's is a tiny update indeed :)

I guess everybody is happy now with Unleash.

Given that next week is Thanksgiving in the U.S., I would have been surprised if there had been an update planned for next week.

I've not done too much with the ships provided in my game (majority of the group hasn't expressed a large interest in vehicle combat), although one suggestion for the final version might be to include a couple other starships that have a price tag of under 50K credits, such as the GX1 short hauler or XS-800 light freighter. The G9 Rigger isn't awful, but it is packing a lot of firepower which not every group may want.

I'm definitely hoping there is more than one ship that meets the criteria for beginning ship in the final book :)

I was hoping misdirect got some more love to apply to more people before the beta closed. Cunning seems a better Characteristic than Presence and hiding from a whole garrison of stormtroopers is still tricky even with all the upgrades. Yet you could create illusions of Darkness for the eyes upto your Cunning + Deception people. Which is going to be what 6 to 9? My players wanted way to disappear from everyone within a range similar to how the Shadow Talent works. Which is far better in comparison. We also wanted a Domination type talent in Influence or perhaps make the DS Battle Meditation one harder to resist for those without a Force Rating.

I guess everybody is happy now with Unleash.

Given Sam's rundown on the O66 podcast combined with the tweak to give the Burn rating a fighting chance, I think Unleash is perfect.

I am betting you will get more feedback if you actually link the official email to send it in. It's really difficult to navigate around that webpage to find it.

[email protected]

Edited by Zar

I am betting you will get more feedback if you actually link the official email to send it in. It's really difficult to navigate around that webpage to find it.

[email protected]

It's stickied in this forum...though to be fair it's underneath all the Beta Update threads.

Maybe un-sticky all the Beta Update threads other than the most recent one?