"On the Road" article encounters for 3

By Emirikol, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Those are in "Death on the Reik" I believe - look pretty much the same.

I admit "werecat" never really grabbed me as Warhammery.

Here’s what I came up with for a conversion of the stats. It’s my first attempt at doing such a conversion so feel free to correct anything that’s wrong (even if that means correcting all of it :P ).

1st Ed 3rd Ed

Astronomy Skill Characters with Education make 2d (or 3d?) Int Check to realize significance of full moon.

Emmaretta

St4 To3 Ag4 Int3 Wp3 Fel3

3rd Trained Skills + (specializations)

Observation (Eavesdropping)

Stealth (Hide, Silent Movement Rural)

Nature Lore (Identify animal, ambush)

Coordination (Dodge)

Education (lang skills ranger, woodsman)

Ballistic Skill (Bow)

Night Vision (up to medium range)

Cats

St4 To3 Ag5 Int4 Wp4 Fel3

Special Rules:

Fast: 1 maneuver to go from med - long

2 maneuver from long - extreme

Vicious Bite, Tooth & Claw

If attacking from cover +1 WHITE die to Iniitiative roll. If cat gains the first round of combat it may leap into combat with Tooth & Claw (+2 dmg bonus):

Regular Tooth & Claw: 1 hammer = reg dmg and 2 HAMMER +2dmg.

Leaping Tooth & Claw: 1HAMMER = +2 DMG, 2 HAMMER = +4 DMG

If Emmaretta decides to travel with the adventurers, her two Cats will Stealthily trail her from the forest. Characters making an Observation Check add (2 misfortune die) to spot them, and even then all they will see is ‘movement’ in the undergrowth.

A FRIEND IN NEED

Night Vision Observation Checks (-2 Misfortune D from the pool for night time Obs checks).

Dex check to light lantern becomes Agility check (coordination trained adds + 1 WHITE die )

GHOST

St0 To3 Ag-n/a Int2 Wp2 Fel3

Immune to all psychological tests

Fear Discipline (WP) check. Difficulty = Fear rating. If failed gain stress equal to number of failures

Instability outside 100yds area of shrine.

Immune to non magic weapons

Touch Causes Fear If touched Discipline (WP) Check. If failed gain stress equal to number of failures and must flee.

X Failure = X Stress. 2 banes = frightened. Chaos Star = Shocked or Terrifed e.g. Fatigue equal to stress gained.

Oh and I still haven't got my head around the money aspect. So i'm not sure how much in 3rd edition Emarretta should be carrying for bail (12gc in 1st ed) or how much the ghost will give as a reward for burying his bones (4x 50gc rubies in 1st ed).