General Realm

By xsdogstar, in Android: Netrunner Deck Building

mtg player trying to learn Deck Building

with mtg you can pick up a fat pack and put together 60 cards

24 lands

18 creatures (two copies of any given creature)

18 instant/sorcery (two copies of instant/sorcery)

and you can get by with a successful deck.

What is a typical realm where a runner deck can be successful?

rx programs

ry resources

rz events

r(x +y +z) = 40

What is a typical realm where a corp deck can be successful?

cx ice

cy events

I'll define success as "working in general, not necessarily winning, but not failing"

Good article by the way...

Much harder to quantify I think in netrunner. Decks can work with wildly different ratios of card types.

Personally most of my corp decks use between 14 and 18 ICE, around 10-12 agendas depending on composition and points values needed to make up the correct points to deck ratio, and the rest split between economy and tricks. For the runner I have much less consistency in design, probably because I tend to run Anarch a lot.

Edit: it's probably less useful to think in terms of card type (program, event etc) and more useful to think in terms of economy, ICE traversal, access-enhancement, pressure etc. That's runner anyway. Corp you can probably do something similar.

Edited by CommissarFeesh

Thank you CommissarFeesh

I like your thinking

Yeah, much hard to have a rule of thumb anymore in netrunner. My corp decks range between 10 and 20 ice depending on the strategy, runners between 5 and 25 programs.

Rather think in terms of goals. Econ, taxation defense, offensive, solid defense, control, avoidance, mitigation,etc.

Taxation defence can be things like ELP, Komainu, Pop-up Window (which is also econ), Data Raven (which can be solid defense early game as well as offensive all game).

You really can't think in terms of card types.

Thanks nungunz, great name by the way.

So far I've narrowed down a bunch of cards that I am interested in for a runner deck.

Chaos Theory

Crypsis

Breach

Corroder

Yog.0

Pipeline

Overmind

Femme Fatale

Gordian Blade

Dinosaurus

Akamatsu Mem Chip

Notoritey