Need help building up my light-side deck

By MCMC246, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

I have a small collection for this game that I use to build a light and dark side deck which a friend and I use to face off, but for a while now the DS deck has had complete dominance. I'm doing everything I can to improve the LS deck, but I'm out of ideas.

Here's the deck lists:

Any tips for improving the LS, or suggestions why LS is struggling, much appreciated. (Note: I know a 2nd core set would help, so I'll hear arguments for 2nd Hero's Journey, etc, but looking first for cheaper options)

LS Affiliation: SaS

Trust Me - SAS R:2 - Edge of Darkness
Lando Calrissian
Saboteur
Cloud City Cassino
Sabotage
Target of Opportunity
Asteroid Sanctuary SAS R:1 - Edge of Darkness
Millenium Falcon
Cloud City Operative
Cloud City Guest Quarters
Bamboozle
Twist of Fate
Questionable Contacts SAS R:1 - Core
Han Solo
Twi'lek Smuggler
Cloud City Cassino
Swindled
Crossfire
Wookie Life Debt SAS R:1 - Edge of Darkness
Chewbacca
Wookie Warrior x2
Let the Wookie Win
Heat of Battle
-A Hero's Journey - J R:2 - Core
Luke Skywalker
Twi'lek Loyalist
Jedi Lightsaber
Trust Your Feelings
Dagobah Training Grounds
-Forgotten Heroes - J R:1 - Core
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Jedi In Hiding
Jedi Mind Trick
Our Most Desperate Hour
Heat of Battle
-In You Must Go - J R:1 - Core
Yoda
Believer in the Old Ways
Hii-Cho-Training
Dagobah Training Grounds
Counter-Strike
2x-May the Force Be With You J R:1 - Join Us or Die
Yoda
Dagobah Nudj
Dagobah Training Grounds
Yoda, You Seek Yoda
Seeds of Decay
-Last Minute Rescue - J R:1 - Core
Redemption
Cornelian Engineer
Return of the Jedi
Emergency Repair
Force Rejuvenation
DS Affiliation: IN
-Death and Despayre - IN R:2 - Core
Devestator
Imperial Officer
Control Room
Defense Upgrade
Heat of Battle
2x-Unstoppable Advance - IN R:2 - Battle of Hoth - IN Affiliation Only
AT-AT x2
AT-AT Assault Formation
Orbital Resupply Station
Aggressive Assault
-Imperial Command - IN R:2 - Core
Admiral Motti
Duty Officer
Heavy Stormtrooper Squad x2
Orbital Bombardment
-The Ultimate Power - IN R:1 - Core - IN Affiliation Only
Grand Moff Tarkin
Superlaser Engineer
Stormtrooper Elite
Control Room
Superlaser Blast
-Counsel of the Sith - S R:1 - Core
Advisor to the Emperor
Kuati Security Team
Sith Library
Dark Precognition
Twist of Fate
-The Emperor's Web - S R: 1 - Core
Emperor Palpatine
Emperor's Royal Bodyguard
Sith Library
Force Lightning
Force Choke
-Fall of the Jedi - S R:1 - Core
Darth Vader
Dark Side Apprentice
Vader's Lightsaber
Force Choke
Heat of Battle
-The Ghosts of the Dark Side - S R:1 - Edge of Darkness
Force Wraith x2
Dark Memories x2
Fore Shockwave
-Vader's Fist - S R:1 - Battle of Hoth
501st Trooper x2
501st legion
E-Web Repeating Blaster
Battle of Hoth

One thing that would really help is if we knew what cards you had to work with. From your post, I'm guessing you have:

1x Core

1x Edge of Darkness

1x Battle of Hoth

1x Join us or Die

Do you have anything else?

EDIT: But working with what you have, the first thing I would suggest is dropping the Core Yoda and replacing it with Secret of Yavin 4. Your units will need the Protect keyword and having only one copy of Wookiee Life Debt means you're not likely to see that come into play, or if you do, you may have no Wookiees out to use it. The Guardian's of the Peace will be invaluable. Additionally, C-3PO gives you great control by cancelling enemy events. Between him and Trust Me, you have two decent ways to keep yourself safe from Force Chokes, Force Lightnings, and others.

Edited by Budgernaut

You're correct as to what packs I have. Thanks for the advice! I'm happy to buy 1 or 2 other force packs if they'll really help. You make a great point about the weakness of Wookie Life Debt with only one copy. What SaS objective would you suggest to replace it? I've heard great things about "Along the Gamor run", maybe that?

Edited by MCMC246

Along the Gamorr Run is a good set, but recently FFG made a change to the card so you can only run 1x Along the Gamor Run in a deck, even though the Force Pack comes with 2 copies. It was just too powerful when paired with May the Force Be With You. Also, May the Force Be With You now has "(Limit once per turn.)" after its reaction. You can check out the FAQ on the support page for more details if this is news to you.

In any case, since you're running 1x of most objectives anyway, I think Gamorr Run will be quite powerful in your deck. Plus, the Force Pack that it comes in, Knowledge and Defense) has several good sets. It has 4 of the 6 "Force resources" which are enhancements that provide 2 resources, have a resource match to the affiliation it's associated with, and allows you to remove a focus token from it if you win a Force struggle. If you wanted to get all 6 of those, you'd want to pick up Heroes and Legends as well (for the Rebel and Imperial versions).

But honestly, if you bought those two Force packs, it would completely change the kinds of decks you could build for Jedi. It would give you the option of running Moldy Crow (which shuts down Dark Side Shielding and Protect ) and Kyle Katarn (who can do some crazy bounce in-and-out-of-hand shenanigans). You could do something like:

Jedi Affiliation

2x Heroes and Legends

1x The Flight of the Crow

2x May the Force Be With You

1x A Journey to Dagobah

1x A Hero's Journey

1x The Secret of Yavin 4

1x Forgotten Heroes

1x Last Minute Rescue

Or if you wanted to try to bounce Yoda around like Kyle, you could change Forgotten Heroes out for In You Must Go.

The addition of two more Force packs makes it even easier to run mono-affiliation, not that mono is better, but at least you can forget about resource matches for the most part. You could even tweak the above deck by dropping Forgotten Heroes and A Journey to Dagobah to throw in Questionable Contacts and Along the Gamorr Run (of course, you'd have to switch your affiliation to Smugglers and Spies.

One other thing to consider, though, is that as your LS gets a boost from these packs, your DS will also get a boost. But that's what makes a living card game so fun. It's always changing!

Awesome advice, thanks so much.