Chain of Command - 5th Force Pack in Rogue Squadron Cycle

By Budgernaut, in Star Wars: The Card Game

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5200

I'm super stoked to see Grand Admiral Thrawn and the Noghri make an appearance. I haven't had time to think about how useful this objective set will be, but from a purely flavor-perspective, I'm super excited to see these cards.

SWC20_card_fan.png the-last-grand-admiral.png grand-admiral-thrawn.png noghri-bodyguard.png chain-of-command.png supporting-fire-ds.png

In case you're wondering, there are two Noghri Bodyguards.

Edited by Budgernaut

This gives space for more intelligent plays from the imperial side. I'm not sure about the ratio "can work on itself/needs more officers to be effective", or how it is open to be mixed with other styles.

Luckily all of the Navy officers we've seen so far tend towards being really good (and thus instant Rebel Assault, Luke, or Han targets). Protect Officer is going to be good.

I like that we are seeing overtly multiplayer cards as well.

This looks fun to pair up with Admiral's Assault.

Admiral Piett + Chain of Command + Noghri.

So I love this card, because I love Navy. Thrawn can now be paired with Tarkin plus a couple of strong Navy vehicle units objectives. With Tarkin being protected and destroying objectives and raising the death star with Tarkin and the other guys in his objective make this a set that could win a game in no time at all. LOVE IT!