Card Backs

By Bomb, in General Discussion

I know that with card sleeves, the card backs do not matter so much, but I've always felt like Plot cards should have a unique card back so that they can easily be identified when being face down. So many casual games have results in mixing these cards with decks by accident when they do not belong together.

Does anyone think that cards that don't go in the same deck may have unique card backs?

Plots, agendas, etc?

It's certainly doable from a production standpoint. The Title cards from 1E had red backs, no reason that can't be expanded.

*signed*

So many casual games have results in mixing these cards with decks by accident when they do not belong together.

I will say this: If you know you're prone to this kind of thing (like I am, ahem), and you're still not using different sleeves for plots than for the draw deck, that's all on you buddy. :)

Also, I'm against that. It would preclude designing any game mechanics that would result in plots being shuffled into the draw deck, or cards from the draw deck turning into plots. Why should they have to limit their design space just because we are idiots? ;)

So many casual games have results in mixing these cards with decks by accident when they do not belong together.

I will say this: If you know you're prone to this kind of thing (like I am, ahem), and you're still not using different sleeves for plots than for the draw deck, that's all on you buddy. :)

Also, I'm against that. It would preclude designing any game mechanics that would result in plots being shuffled into the draw deck, or cards from the draw deck turning into plots. Why should they have to limit their design space just because we are idiots? ;)

Haha. It's all true for sure.

If they ever decide to mix plots and the regular deck like that, I really hope it isn't a timing nightmare. :-) It might be cool to search out an 8th plot from your deck though.

If they ever decide to mix plots and the regular deck like that, I really hope it isn't a timing nightmare. :-) It might be cool to search out an 8th plot from your deck though.

~ I hope it IS a timing nightmare! All this crazy talk about simplifying the rules set scares the living **** outta me! What if the new rules don't need explaining anymore!? If I can't be a rules lawyer, I don't know what I am anymore!

Come to Netrunner, the rules are much more granular and there is still ruleslawyering aplenty.

The only difference is, we get to settle debates with clear answers most of the time, disputes don't often come up because someone misread the third sentence in the second paragraph of the 23rd FAQ page.

Edited by Grimwalker

Come to Netrunner

The only difference is, we get to settle debates with clear answers most of the time

Note that any player running cards in his main deck that could end up in his plot deck would need to use the same sleeves for each. In which case it would still be an issue for those with a tendency to accidentally shuffle plot and main cards together, but there you are.