Will Gears of War replace Doom in the FFG lineup?

By SuperKalelJorson7, in Doom

I'm hoping not, but Doom doesn't get a lot of attention and is Descent's poorer sibling anyway.

Doom is supposed to be Descent's older brother, but Descent is fantasy and stuff from it can be from imagination. Doom hasn't got any new games to base on, though I'd want to play Doom 4 if it ever comes out.

I believe everone here is hoping that Gears will "unofficially" {or "accidentally" if it sounds any better} be fully compatible with DOOM so that we can use both. gui%C3%B1o.gif

"Hey, look what I found!!! My Gears tiles connect perfectly with tiles from DOOM. What a discovery!!! Now I can use both to play DOOM of War."

gui%C3%B1o.gif gui%C3%B1o.gif

That's if GoW's board uses map tiles at all.

Yeah GoW is still in development so who knows what were gonna get. I can't wait to see what they've got cooked up. Until then I'll be playing DOOM and Tannhauser! gran_risa.gif

Hope it will be something middle between Doom and Descent

Me too... I am hoping for a two player game where each player controls a side of soldiers. Time will tell what it finally is. Do you think it will come out by Christmas?

antiflood said:

No, I don't! Give it at LEAST an extra quarter.

Jakews said:

Me too... I am hoping for a two player game where each player controls a side of soldiers. Time will tell what it finally is. Do you think it will come out by Christmas?

antiflood said:

Hope so ) by Christmas? It would be a good gift for us )

I think it must be like and video game:

1. Monsters drop weapons and ammo.

2. It must be colorfull board, much better than Doom has (dreaming of 3D lol)

3. Must be someting new in killing BOSS, maybe the mount of dice rolls?) For example after opening the last location you have only 5 dice rolls to escape from this level or something like that.

4. Defense location and waves of monsters would be WONDERFULL (with BFG) - laughing

5. Sniper riffle must shoot the long distance and more damage.

6. MUST BE the limit of weapons you can carry on. Like in video game as you remember 4 slots only. 2 for big weapons . 1 for pistol . 1 for granade. It would be more realistic cause this is not RAMBO: THE BOARD GAME lol

7. Sorry for my poor English if you reading this )))

I know that it is very difficult to bring video game on the table but we believe that it would be BESTSELLER as it is on XBOX 360

Thanks for attention

Greetings from Ukraine c. Kiev

gran_risa.gif

I hope that GOW will be totally different from DOOM and Decent, I dont need a third type of similar game but I can not imagine how!!!

Filippo

sepayne7l said:

I'm hoping not, but Doom doesn't get a lot of attention and is Descent's poorer sibling anyway.

I sure hope not, Doom is an excellent game.

It is very necessery to set up the defence level, where you can found out defence of marines agains huge waves of monsters. Just give me a BFG and i'll find the way out )

What Doom needs is more modes than Campaign, Deathmatch and CTF. I've cooked up some extra ones based on Unreal Tourney 2004. If GoW is to have a similar mechanic, it better have more than just DM and CTF (if it's got them at all).

I'm hoping for a streamlined, upgraded and improved version of DOOM and I have my fingers crossed for Gears to be compatible with DOOM tiles and/or mechanics.

Plus I hope that Gears of War will have NOTHING to do with Descent which is DOOM's fatter but not better sibling. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Maybe it will be like FFGs version of Space Hulk. Quick missions involving LOTS of minis on the board and squads of marines versus the nasties.

That would be cool, but I hope the game is a little more complex than Space Hulk.

sepayne7l said:

Maybe it will be like FFGs version of Space Hulk. Quick missions involving LOTS of minis on the board and squads of marines versus the nasties.

Ulisse said:

gran_risa.gif

I hope that GOW will be totally different from DOOM and Decent, I dont need a third type of similar game but I can not imagine how!!!

Filippo

I agree. If GoW ends up being another game that runs on the same basic mechanic as Doom and Descent, I probably won't buy it. I have enough games with this engine, I want something new!

I hope it doesn't either. Would rather see some expansion bits or new critters or whatever rather than buy another game with the same mechanic. I really like Doom and maybe when Doom IV comes out we will see some new bits for this one. Fingers crossed.

Only time will tell... only time will tell... nothing we can do now but hope... but overall, only time will tell.

So true, but it is always hard to wait for things that you are passionate about!

Knuckles Eki said:

Only time will tell... only time will tell... nothing we can do now but hope... but overall, only time will tell.

Still no information about this game? Very sad

antiflood said:

Still no information about this game? Very sad

The game is still in the "Concept Stage" according to the Upcoming page. Not even in the "Design stage" yet, so it will probably be a good long time before we get it in our grubby little hands. Personally I'm a little surprised they even make games at that early stage public knowledge.

Maybe it'll take 2 months to finish concept, maybe it'll take a year, maybe two, maybe... cancelled? Only time will tell, surely.

This topic sort of died, and I guess I will revive it.

I wouldn't mind it if it was like doom.

As long as it comes with figs I am happy. I would LOVE a Brumak (I think that is how it is spelled) figure (That big monster that is pretty much a one man(monster?) army). It would have to be like 4 (probably more) inches tall.

If it was like Doom, then hopefully the components will be interchangable and we can create even more cool content for Doom! :)

-shnar