Will Gears of War replace Doom in the FFG lineup?

By SuperKalelJorson7, in Doom

shnar said:

If it was like Doom, then hopefully the components will be interchangable and we can create even more cool content for Doom! :)

Yeah, that would be about the only advantage in my opinion, if it used the same mechanic. I too would love to have some GoW figs to throw around, but I doubt that'd be interesting enough without a game I actually wanted to play coming with them.

I dont think they're gonna be compatible with each other. While I do love Doom, I'd rather see a whole new game.

The gears of war has been stuck at the bottom of the upcoming page for a VERY long time now. I would be surprised if it is still being worked on.

Also says it will arrive in 2010, well the year is half over and with the amount of time it takes to print and ship, there is no way it will be this year.

Jonny WS said:

The gears of war has been stuck at the bottom of the upcoming page for a VERY long time now. I would be surprised if it is still being worked on.

Also says it will arrive in 2010, well the year is half over and with the amount of time it takes to print and ship, there is no way it will be this year.

I agree. The project has been "in development" since sometime in 2008, which does not bode well for its publication. It's highly unlikely that it will be released this year. In fact, the only reason I suspect it's still coming at all is because it hasn't been removed from that page yet.

FFG has been taking on a rather large number of new projects lately. Perhaps GoW is in some sort of "limbo" state. Officially still in the works, but constantly getting bumped for higher priority projects like the GW stuff and DUST.

I guess we'll see what comes of it, if anything.

GoW3 comes out in April, maybe they're shooting for that.

Now that GOW is out, I think we can say NO it is NOT like Doom in almost every way...

-shnar