Night Fall Expansion - MONSTERS

By dogfacedboyuk1, in Talisman Home Brews

I will be dividing up the posts for Night Fall Expansion into different topics for the different types of cards as it seems the most sensible idea. So here are a few examples so far, there are mor but these will do as a start. What I would like to do with this expansion is introduce some more twists in each combat. The idea is that at night, the real nasties come out to play, so on the whole the enemies will be tougher, but obviously the rewards will be there for those who roll the right numbers. For those that don't there will be penalties, so despite the craft and strength being built up quickly there will also be alot of chances of losing it.

Example cards..

Snarl-Lings (Monster) Strength 5. These slippery beasts are upon you and your followers! Each follower must fight a combat, those followers without a strength or craft attribute count as strength 3. Place any defeated followers on the discard pile.

Fiends (Monsters) Strength 6 A hundred sparkling eyes light up from the darkness. Roll 2d6. If the result is below your craft score fight the fiends normally. Other wise you wake up in the Forest without your followers.Your followers are now prisoners of the fiends....

Necromancer (Monster) Craft 8 - An evil necromancer is looking for fresh corpses, prepare to battle! Draw the top two spell cards for the Necromancer. Both spells must be cast towards the player in combat before battle begins.

Night Troll (Monster) Strength 7. A great, ugly brute of a troll emerges from a hole. Before the combat begins roll die. On the roll of 1-2 The trolls hammer destroys 1 piece of armour. If you have no armour lose 1 object.

Hulking Monster (Monster) Strength 6 A strangely deranged massive monster lurks from the shadows towards you and attacks! If you win roll 1 die. 1-3 the beast is dead. 4-6 It lives to fight another day.

There will be straight forward monsters as well of course!

dfb

Very nice.

I hope it will include some nice art in the future

People are welcome to start googling art and posting links for suggestions for me. I'd appreciate the help. The art would be nice if someone could do original stuff for me, i am not really keen on using peoples existing art no matter how good, as it makes it feel less like an expansion by me. i am not too bad at art, not brilliant, but not bad so i may tackle simpler stuff myself. We shall see. But people are welcome to post links for me to look over. I am more concerned with getting ideas down, then taking a good look at them and working out the details and throwing out the crap first! Then of course refinement of the flavour text and making sure the rules are as clear cut and unconflicting and compatable as possibe!

dfb