A couple of questions regarding Nemesis expansions rules and items

By Andyxprime, in Relic

1) Starlight Blade for Dire Avenger Exarch - so, when the Eldar Nemesis owns this item, he gets 1 point of Infamy during his Experience phase in case none of the characters have any Corruption cards. Does this mean that he gets 1 point of Infamy basically each turn when no Corruption cards are present or only after a resolved combat or a level-up during his turn?

2) The Master Collector scenario seems somewhat obscure to me - you have to get to Inner Tier and drop 2 apostate assets on 2 spaces there, and that's it? sounds too easy.

3) How do I set up the teams in the Dark Alliance scenario? The card says that none of the players should be aware of their allegiance and it's a bit confusing, how may we figure in the end who was fighting on whose side and who should win in case 2 players out of 3 help the same Nemesis.

Edited by Andyxprime

3) It means that the choice of characters and nemeses is kept secret during setup only. That way you cannot tag-team the more powerful combos.

Master Collector's even weirder (if you take into account the background story on the Scenario card) as you can BUY Apostate Assets with decent chance of drawing them at the Battlefleet Antias space.

Thanks for the info.

I'd also like to ask if a player needs six points worth of trophies of the SAME color in order to level up like it was in Talisman or any color trophies could be combined?

Ok, so I figured that cards of ANY color can be combined for the level-up from the answers in the other thread. Good.

So, I have a couple more questions that I hope to clear up:

1) Are Imperium cards that are present on the game board affected by the Warpstorm event from the Threat card deck? Assuming that they are in the appropriate tier, of course.

2) Are Nemesis enemy cards(from Specimen X deck) and encounter-place cards like Forgotten Portal or Throne Of Blood that are present on the game board affected the Warpstorm event from the Threat card deck? Assuming that they are in the appropriate tier, of course.

3) Do Nemesis enemy cards(from Specimen X deck) that are present on the game board count towards the number of threat cards the player should draw in the Exploration phase?If there is one Nemesis deck enemy on a space with 3 threat icons, the Imperium player still has to draw 3 cards, for example?

4) If a Nemesis enemy card is on a space that usually has no enemies due to absence of threat icons on that space(Battlefleet Antias, for example), does the Imperium player have a choice of resolving a textbox or engaging the enemy card?

5) If Specimen X spawned an enemy from his Nemesis deck on a textbox space, does he draw a new Nemesis card the next time he moves to this space in case that enemy card he spawned is still present?Do other Nemeses draw their cards on such a space?

6) Are relics' and allies' effects such as "draw 1 power card in the beginning of your turn", "Draw 1 power card in the Experience phase" and the like still available for use when the character is in Inner tier or on Scenario space(engaging Daemon in battle) over series of turns)?

Edited by Andyxprime

So, I have a couple more questions that I hope to clear up:

1) Are Imperium cards that are present on the game board affected by the Warpstorm event from the Threat card deck? Assuming that they are in the appropriate tier, of course.

2) Are Nemesis enemy cards(from Specimen X deck) and encounter-place cards like Forgotten Portal or Throne Of Blood that are present on the game board affected the Warpstorm event from the Threat card deck? Assuming that they are in the appropriate tier, of course.

3) Do Nemesis enemy cards(from Specimen X deck) that are present on the game board count towards the number of threat cards the player should draw in the Exploration phase?If there is one Nemesis deck enemy on a space with 3 threat icons, the Imperium player still has to draw 3 cards, for example?

4) If a Nemesis enemy card is on a space that usually has no enemies due to absence of threat icons on that space(Battlefleet Antias, for example), does the Imperium player have a choice of resolving a textbox or engaging the enemy card?

5) If Specimen X spawned an enemy from his Nemesis deck on a textbox space, does he draw a new Nemesis card the next time he moves to this space in case that enemy card he spawned is still present?Do other Nemeses draw their cards on such a space?

6) Are relics' and allies' effects such as "draw 1 power card in the beginning of your turn", "Draw 1 power card in the Experience phase" and the like still available for use when the character is in Inner tier or on Scenario space(engaging Daemon in battle) over series of turns)?

#1: Warpstorms only discard Threat cards, not Imp cards.

#2: Yes.

#3: They count assuming they match the color of the threat icon on the space.

#4: He can only encounter the card.

#5: Nemesis ignore threat cards, act as if it wasn't there, so he would encounter the space, thus drawing a Nemesis card.

#6: Inner Tier, yes. For Corruptis/Kairos, can't recall, are they fought in one sequence or over different turns?

#1: Warpstorms only discard Threat cards, not Imp cards.

#2: Yes.

#3: They count assuming they match the color of the threat icon on the space.

#4: He can only encounter the card.

#5: Nemesis ignore threat cards, act as if it wasn't there, so he would encounter the space, thus drawing a Nemesis card.

#6: Inner Tier, yes. For Corruptis/Kairos, can't recall, are they fought in one sequence or over different turns?

Thanks for the info =)

Both Corruptis and Kairos are fought over several turns, you have to defeat them 3 or 4 times, each win grants a token that counts for final victory.

I have another question:

pg. 6 of original game rules states that " A player can lose attributes. Each time this happens, he adjusts the corresponding dial on his character board by rotating it anticlockwise by the specified amount. A player’s attribute dials have a minimum value of 1."

However, pg. 7 states the following: " The Strength, Willpower, and Cunning values indicate how much of each attribute a player has at the beginning of the game. A player cannot reduce his attribute dials below this value."

So if my char has a starting strength of 7(Ogryn), can this attribute drop below 7 due to some game events and such? Can I use the effect of some cards, allowing to trade 1 point of one attribute for 2 points of another, effectively not losing that first point( for example, an Ogryn with STR 7 encounters a card that allows to trade 1 point of STR for 2 points of WP - does he gain 2 WP points, not losing that 1 STR point?)?

This so far only comes into play in the Lost Flagship of St. Antias scenario, where you HAVE to reduce an attribute to 1, then plink off their lives as they cannot reduce the stat anymore.

I'd really like to get an official answer from FF regarding the loss of attributes below the starting value. The wording in the instructions is somewhat contradictory, and there is nothing on the Flagship scenario that underlines the exceptional nature of this rule. Something like "exceptionnaly, in this scenario, a player can lose attributes below his starting values". I've seen a poster on another forum mention that the text in the Character Anatomy section feels like a leftover from the prototype; I totally agree that the "can't go below starting values" rule just doesn't fit with the rest ofthe information in the manual. FYI, I own the French version and it totally stood out for me as well, so something is definitely wrong with this rule.

I would think Flagship falls under the Golden Rule:

"Golden Rule

In any instance where a special ability or text box conflicts
with the rules in this book, the special ability or text box
always takes precedence." (p. 22)

pg 6 is just saying the smallest number on the dial is 1 and that there is no 0.

Consider a Techpriest with Willpower 1 is never going to be less than 1.

The important rule pg. 7 states the following: " The Strength, Willpower, and Cunning values indicate how much of each attribute a player has at the beginning of the game. A player cannot reduce his attribute dials below this value."

Lost Flagship of St. Antias scenario overrides rule on pg 7.