[Columbus, Ohio] New game, new players

By jkayati, in Organized Play

So, this reboot gives me a reason to start playing AGoT. Anyone else in Central Ohio thinking of playing when the game is released next year is welcome to follow along here. I imagine I'll be running events and playing at The Soldiery, but hey, it's a year away, so who knows.

So, this reboot gives me a reason to start playing AGoT. Anyone else in Central Ohio thinking of playing when the game is released next year is welcome to follow along here. I imagine I'll be running events and playing at The Soldiery, but hey, it's a year away, so who knows.

If you are trying to start a group, it might be a fun way to prepare for the game by trying out the Draft format. Learning to play the 2ED should fit like a veteran prostitute when it comes out and the newer players will understand the way the game works relatively easily. :-)

I know there's a playgroup in Columbus. Jump on "AGOT LCG Chicago" on Facebook as it has some Ohio players lurking.

Just an update as we get closer to the Gen Con release. We have a starting group of four committed to starting with a double core buy in to start. Wuth at least two of us headed to Gen Con, we should start playing in mid-August.

Dates, times, and location TBD.

Open play at The Soldiery every Monday night starting around 5:00 pmish.

No decks, no problem. We have extras and are using the preconstructed from one core set initially.

Subscribe for info on league and tournament play.

Hey I've got a group of players that live right next to the solidery if you guys are still meeting up on Mondays let me know we will try and head out one day

Sorry about the delay in responding, life and health intervening in play time. It's been hit and miss on Mondays so far. Limited by core sets availability I think.

With the core now shipping I am hoping it will pick up.

If you guys are there on Mondays I can try and make it out. My buddies and I have a couple of cores from gencon so we can at least try some games out and let other people see the game.

Will be there this Monday. We have five cores between three players. Store should get their shipment next week.

We're expecting 4-6 players for tomorrow, October 12th at The Soldiery. Players should start arriving around 5pm.

Big thanks to all eight players who came out for our first night of playing AGOT. I know I had a lot of fun, and I hope everyone else did as well.

Interested in playing.

We will be back next Monday with extra decks for those who haven't bought in yet.

Stop on by!

I'll be in the following Monday. Otherwise I'll be at Beyond the Board this Thursday.

We had 11 players last night, so we're "Growing Strong"!

November 2nd is the next Monday open play night. 5ish to 9ish.

10 players this evening with some new faces. Mondays at The Soldiery is the place to be for Thrones.

Hey everyone, I got into V1 last year but since second edition I've wanted to get into organized play. I live in Dayton, Ohio and this Columbus location seems like the closest possible place for me to play. I was wondering if you guys still meet Mondays at the Soldiery? Thanks

Yes we do! Holiday season always affects turnout, but we have a few confirmations for tonight.

Facebook is the best way to stay up to date.

Awesome, thanks for the information. I live in Dayton so it'll be a drive for me and I'm in high school so i probably won't be able to make it until Christmas break. Thanks again for all the information!