Necron Formation Commands

By Fiddler27, in Only War House Rules

Hey FF Team! So I'm adapting the Necrons for an only war game, and while they make excellent enemies to challenge my players, I'm hitting a brick wall with coming up with special Formation commands (See "Enemies of the Imperium.")

I'd appreciate any suggestions for potential commands!

Thanks all!

Have you ever played Dark Crusade?

Maybe some of the Necron Lord artifacts could be adapted?

Ressurection Orb, for example, or the Chronometron.

My players are due to encounter Necrons soon, so I'm very keen to help you, and help me too. =P

Necrons made a brief but terrifying appearance in an Only War campaign I ran last year and I gave them some custom stuff to make them mesh with how Only War does combat. I didn't make any flavor text for it, just nuts and bolts mechanics for my own use.

Death Ignored

Passive

Description: At the end of any round in which a Necron formation loses any magnitude, the formation makes a Challenging (+0) Toughness test. For every DoS on the toughness test the formation regains a point of magnitude, up to what they started to round with. A formation that was completely destroyed may still use this order on the round it was destroyed.

With no Remorse

Action: Half Type: Concentration

Description: The commander of the formations makes a Difficult (-10) Command test. Success grants the formations melee attacks the Tearing quality until they make a ranged attack or cease to be a formation.

Implaceable and Unstoppable

Action: Full Type: Attack, Ranged, Movement

Description: The Formation may make a Full move action and make a Ranged attack at -20.

I wanted to maintain the relentless feeling that comes with fighting Necrons and bring home just how resilient they are while staying within how Only War handles large amounts of enemies in combat. Hope it helps.