Welcome to the Forums for A Game of Thrones: The Card Game Second Edition

By FFGEvan, in General Discussion

Welcome to the forums for A Game of Thrones: The Card Game Second Edition! Here's a place for you to talk about the game, whether you're discussing decks, rules, or the vivid world of A Song of Ice and Fire.

Enjoy the discussion and remember to be courteous to each other!

I was a HUGE player of the CCG.

When the LCG came out I was laid off and not able to get in.

Was out in the world for a while.

Now I am looking to get back into GoT:LCG but the v1.0 is daunting.

SOOOOOO excited for GoT:LCGv2 (or GoT2)!!!!

When can I order?

Pat

This will bring me back to the table as well.

'Can't wait.

Excited too. The only way for FFG to screw this up is if they simplify the game too much mechanically, but I don't see that ever happening.

That said, I hope that leaving out Influence and Crests is not a sign of going into the wrong direction. I liked the added complexity of having to balance two resource curves, and I think that having two adjusting screws (traits and crests) instead of one allows for finer calibration.

But enough grumbling, for now I'm more than willing to give the dev team the benefit of any doubt.

They haven't given an estimated release date, have they?

Gen Con 2015.

I do have a lot invested in the 1st Edition and have enjoyed playing the game in it's present format. That being said, one only needs to have experienced explaining the "moribund state" from the FAQ to a Newbie when they are expecting to shuffle their copy of Benjen Stark back into their deck when he is killed to know that a 2nd Edition set will be a welcome addition to the LCG Universe. Thanks FFG. (and thanks for the early announcement so I can save my money for 2E or wait for bargain prices as 1E closes out)

I never got into First Edition, but because of that I like the idea of the Second Edition so newbies like me can catch up, instead of having to buy all the past Core sets and expansions.