Necrons? Plz?

By WhereAreTheNecrons, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Where are the necrooons? :C

They're in stasis hibernation...

They are planned. Will probably see them in about 6-7 months, I hope.

My hope is that the Necrons and Tyranids will be out in the first deluxe expansion. Hopefully, as alphasquid said, in 6 to 7 months.

It's confirmed in the rulebook that both Necrons and Tyranids are coming in deluxe expansions, Whether they are both in the same or it'll be one at a time is still unrevealed info, nor do we know what order they will come in if seperate, but they ARE coming

The banshee's call shall wake the Dead; when dark portents wax nigh

Heed them as the counsel of a Seer, or a father

The Yngir, who have slept since the birth of Chaos

Shall crawl once more from their tombs, thirsting for warmth.

The War in Heaven shall be as nothing to their vengeance

For the sons of Asuryan, few in number, cannot stand against them.

And the Eye of Isha shall dim, closing for eternity

Such a gentle goddess cannot witness such atrocities as they shall wreak.

The soulless ones shall be the harbingers of the dark fate

Then shall come the living dead, the progeny

Then the thirsting ones, The forever damned

And the galaxy shall run red as the blood of Eldanesh,

The Vaul-moon shall bring forth the Dragon

The Master of Death will drink deep from Isha's Eye

That Which Lies Outside will be drawn to the harvest

And the Jackal-God shall turn brother against brother.

The four shall take their place amongst the stars,

Their legions ascendant, unstoppable as the night

A deadly shroud shall fall across the spirit

And the galaxy shall mourn

- from 'The Awakening'

I think we'll eventually see all the armies in the game, might take a year or so.

I think it will be extremely interesting how they incorporate Necrons and the ability to ally with ANY of the other races .

My guess is that the first deluxe expansion will be just the Necrons along with some more planet cards and a smattering of additional warlords for some of the additional races (like Netrunner the big box will perhaps focus on only a couple of factions with some cool neutral cards thrown in).

Or more likely I'm completely wrong and speculating the wrong end of the stick.

I would love to see more planets.

When I played Dawn of War on the PC , the Necrons had some tough armour from what I remember . They weren't my go to race ( Eldar was , loved the Banshees and Seer Council ) but I remember they were slow and tough!

Wonder if these attributes will be present when the Necron are released?

I would expect necrons to have some cards allowing you to return necrons from your discard pile, they have a nasty habit of standing back up after you kill them... Sometimes multiple times.

It's confirmed in the rulebook that both Necrons and Tyranids are coming in deluxe expansions, Whether they are both in the same or it'll be one at a time is still unrevealed info, nor do we know what order they will come in if seperate, but they ARE coming

The rulebook states "future expansions", but in such case both races will recieve too many cards in comparison with the base ones. I still hope it will be a single 2-race deluxe just like in SW and Invasion.

And tokens for the remaining races.

To be honest, I don't think you can have a reasonable token for Marines, Eldars or Taus. The Taus could have Drones, but they are already troops/accessories, so I guess we won't see them.

Necrons, on the other hand, could have spiders. Tyranids could have swarms too.

Tokens for space marine and eldar would seem out of place with the lore. These are factions that most normally fight outnumbered. To have a swarm-like capability would be inconsistent. Besides, space marines already do very well as they are.

Something that would be awesome would be the ability to have like necrons with stats of 1/2 or 1/3, and they will almost always be able to stand back up after u hit em down! :D And maybe the Necron Lord can use Orb of Resc and mass resc all Necron Units that has been destroyed at that planet.

Edited by WhereAreTheNecrons

The different factions should play differently. Not all factions need tokens.

I expect Necrons or Tyranids may have tokens, though. They are swarm races, right?

Something that would be awesome would be the ability to have like necrons with stats of 1/2 or 1/3, and they will almost always be able to stand back up after u hit em down! :D And maybe the Necron Lord can use Orb of Resc and mass resc all Necron Units that has been destroyed at that planet.

I bet we see some necrons with 1/1 stats, with an ability to ready or bounce back to your hand when HP are exhausted (like phasing).

Edited by Bounder

Tokens for space marine and eldar would seem out of place with the lore. These are factions that most normally fight outnumbered. To have a swarm-like capability would be inconsistent. Besides, space marines already do very well as they are.

Now the orks are really far from extensive use of tokens and don't feel like a swarm race as they should be. At least until the next warlord arrives. Lorewise, every faction could have had tokens: recruits/servoskulls for the SM, drones 0/1 for the Tau (instead of the existing army unit card), guardians/support platforms for the Eldar.

I fully understand that the tokens' aim is making the races more distinct, but currently they seem to be specific-warlord-oriented. I highly doubt that the next DE warlord will use the khymerae much, for example.

Edited by Stereochild

Now the orks are really far from extensive use of tokens and don't feel like a swarm race as they should be

This, I totally agree with. I suppose they have to be careful with it. Orks are very powerful fighters and their regular units have to reflect that. To have a large swarm capability on top of that, might be overwhelming.

Maybe that new ork Warlord will allow more swarmy tactics to be used.

Edited by Gridash

It might be funny if the Necron warlord adds some ability like "Reaction: When another Necron army unit at this planet is declared as a defender ready it."

I would expect necrons to have some cards allowing you to return necrons from your discard pile, they have a nasty habit of standing back up after you kill them... Sometimes multiple times.

Wargear attachment: Orb of Resurrection

Limit 1 per deck

Action: Put into play all Necron units from your hand and discard pile, ignoring all costs, at your Warlord's planet. At the end of the round, discard all Necron units from play unless you pay their cost.

I'm no good at designing cards...

@spa
I can definitely see something along those lines (your suggestion above) being included in the Necron release.... Well said. !!!!!

Edited by Papa Midnight