Supreme Parry

By usgrandprix, in Game Mechanics

1) agreed that it'd be nice to have clarification from the Devs about which powers constitute combat checks.

2) agreed that it would be nice to have at least a few more examples of skills opposing Force powers, but again I do like that it isn't hard-coded into the rules. Leaving it up to the situation at hand is situational, and I would say that situational ruling based on the narrative is something that is also fundamental to the game. I wouldn't want to take that away. I love that my players can get creative and say "can I resist X with my stealth skill, since I'm in a place with lots of hiding spots and darkness?" And I can immediately say, "that's a great idea!" Instead of having to consult the rules for the "proper" skill to resist the power...

Bottom line, I think the examples they give us are sufficient, but I wouldn't be adverse to a few more.

3) and apparently I can't read :) thanks for pointing out the double-negative...I was confused.

I get what you are saying about hard rules for this. I like flexibility too. But the use of Force Powers themselves have both very detailed hard rules and guidelines that say "If your players can use them creatively beyond what is written here, let them." Best of both worlds.

I'd like to see resistance the same.

You make a good call, though. I'd be for more examples in specific cases short of guidelines or even harder rules.

Edited by usgrandprix