MWCC II Report

By TripsEX, in UFS Tourney Reports

Yeah, so I had pretty much told everyone that I would be running the MWCC II on the established dates, and so my mom decides to suprise me a with a graduation dinner. The day of teams, never the less, huge props go to ShadowDragon for running the gauntlet of teams without me, and James Hata for being adorable.

Saturday - Singles ( The only part that I was able to attend. ;_; )

So Saturday morning I hit the road a little late, about 10:45am and head to event at the new Misty Mountain Games HQ. I end up having to pull three u-turns (if you seen me drive, you would assume that I am a maniac in traffic) to find the **** place, and I was sure I was running late. Turns out I was right on time and was early. I got to see all my usual people that include DoubleD, LeeRD, JChang, and GouHadou (isn't he from New York?), and then an old player who used to play at my store all the time, Dokurorider. I said right away, that he would be Swiss Champion and if he wasn't he would finish well. I met up with Hata and got a handshake and a threat, and started making sure that everyone was ready to go.

After getting everything under way, we got the tournament going, and not too much happened if you're running a tournament and not playing. Some key notes of interest though:

-Hata got a sandwich and Subway and they asked him if he wanted pepper instead of cheese.
-Ben Habek and Eric Chang started playing Magic: The Gathering instead of UFS in one of the rounds. I made them play using brute force. Way to drop the ball guys.
-Ben Habek turned 17 that day, and he was such a good sport about all the trash I gave him the whole fscking day.
-LeeRD is bottom-tier compared to his brother, DoubleD.
-GouHadou has a figure for whatever he needs to get done.
-Hata and I agree that the 'Banana Creme Pie' Blizzard at Dairy Queen is incredible.

-I went 1 - 1 against Hata's Zhao Daiyu deck, and we never finished Game 3. I was going to fscking win the Hata Challenge!

After another few hours of gaming, we finally get a clear winner who was that beast mode Zangief. It was incredible to watch it for the time I did, and it rolled everyone. Prizes given out, everyone has a good time, and trades happen. We all head back to Dani's grandmother's house for fun and relaxation. I say that I am going to leave at 3:00am because I had to be up for my dinner preparation.

Back at the pad, SF4 is played, we build Eric Chang a monster Sagat deck (If you only knew how badass this deck is), and then I decide to leave after a few games of UFS. So about a 4:15am I end up having to give TummyEden a ride home. I get to Janesville with his help, and then take an hour long detour south to Illinois. That was pretty fun, I really need a GPS and this kind of confirms it. I get home at 7:34am, and I am still not sure how.

Props and Slops

Props:
-Everyone who showed up. It was so good seeing everyone, especially being able to talk about Tekken with Hata, play Omar is SF4, and hang out with the Green Bay crew.
-ShadowDragon for taking on a majority of the work while I either walked around, or took photos (they're on Facebook).
-Milwaukee players for showing up. I knew I could rely on y'all.
-Sieg for picking up the whole bill at Denny's. Last year was Omarbucks, but this year was Garrisondollars.
-Jacob "The Executioner" Yanda for playing Gen.
-Dokurorider for coming back (last event he played at was MWCC) and getting 2nd.

Slops:
-The Madison crew, for not showing up.
-The Wisconsin crew, for not keeping the title in state.
-James Hata, for the hug.
-LeeRD, for not being awake at the end of the night.
-Jeremy Ray, for being so awful at Circle of Death.

All and all, I had a great time, I just wish I could have played some more and been able to stick around for teams. Thanks for coming out, and can't wait for MWCC III: Someone is going to be murdered at this tournament, and I am pretty sure that may or may not be a good thing depending on who is infact murdered.

Well thanks for the good night kiss on the fore head gui%C3%B1o.gif And I placed higher than Double D so lengua.gif All and all I had a blast. Don't for get about the BA bandandas!!!!!

This is but a glimpse into the madness that is the Wisconsin UFS player. Witness as Ben Habeck BRUTALLY crushes all in his path!

Someone's gotta load the vid of what Ben did at Denny's...