Elecubration on the possibility that Gaia is our world in a really distant future

By JokaD17, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

Hi all, i'm new on the forum... i've been a lurker here for quite a while and now i decided to get in because i've re-started GMing for my group. Probably i will ask for suggestion in the next days!

Now that the presentation have been done, i'd like to speak about one of the things that gives me more headaches: the supposed fact that Gaia is actually our world. I've seen it has been discussed before (in 2011 i think) but i also noticed since then a whole lot of possible clues about this fact.

I'll just post my clues and hypotesis here and leave it for discussion, i'd like to see if you have any other clues and if you think some of mine can be confirmed or confutated as proofs.

1) First and foremost, is stated that mankind is the oldest race and the only one not to be created by "gods".

2) "Gods" themselves seem to have been present in history for "mere" millennia (probably only 10 to 15 thousand of years) while the powers in the shadow seem to be oldest since they didn't acted as much during the last "few" millennia.

3) The world itself seem to be kinda similar to our world in the future (with eurasia united in a whole landmass and same goes for Americans continents). The slight differences (absence of some landmasses like Australia, most of Africa and Greenland may be due to the Rah machine or generale terraforming. (Or those are just ways they used to have freedom when generating the world)

4) The general fluff of the "humanity forgetting" seems to point out that many more things happened before the start of the timetable (-10.000 in the calendar of Abel)

5) The Calendar of Abel is based on the calendar of Aveh, wich is stated the empire of solomon has copied from some remain of an even ancient civilization (wich could be ours)

6) It is also stated (and that made me think a lot) that Imperium had the idea of creating a Messiah from the legends of the past. So the fact they devised a religion so similar to present world christianity might not be just a matter of fluff.

On the other hands there are the clues that Gaia isn't our world.

1) Monsters, magics, Ki, soulstream and **** don't exists in our world.

So my theory is that in some really distant future something happened to humanity or to the earth, they might have found out something or something might just dropped on the world generating the whole flux of supernatural things that are common in Gaia. In that event mankind almost faced extinction, but some little groups of people survived: while most of them just strived to survive in their new hell, one of them managed to mantain an advanced society and keep all of their tecnologiacal achievement: even moreso, they harnessed the new supernatural powers and created tecnomagic to deal with the new quasi-divine being populating the world and generating new supernatural races. Thus imperium where born and there started the timeline. The first and inexplicated point in the timetable "-10.000apr. the Kami descend to the world" might just be the date of this event.

What do you think about it?

-Edit: i've just seen i've mispelled the title of the topic... sorry for that and for my english skills in general.

Edited by JokaD17