Traitor Legions Character Guide

By LodgeBlackman99, in Deathwatch House Rules

Hello to the Deathwatch Forum. I recently completed a project I had been working on, a guide that provides stats to build the nine Traitor Legions in Deathwatch either as a player to explore the chaos concepts or as a GM to be able to construct Traitor Legion foes on even ground with the party. Having been running a fairly long term Deathwatch game, it definitely helps to create the elite enemies from the ground up.

The guide contains rules for creating Traitor Marines from Alpha Legion, the Black Legion, Death Guard, Emperor's Chosen, Iron Warriors, Night Lords, Thousand Sons, Word Bearers, and World Eaters.

Also included are instructions on how to build your Traitor Marine and general guidelines for using existing content with the guide. Legion Psychic Powers have been given a cost and Legion Specialty Weapons have been given weight, Requisition, and Renown Requirements.

I hope this provides a useful guide to anyone curious. Any feedback is always appreciated, be it for design, misspellings, balance concerns, or anything of that nature. The guide can be found at the website linked below.

Deathwatch Character Guides

We've had the first edit already, renown was misspelled a couple of times throughout! Uploading the new version now, will be available in a few minutes.

Edited by LodgeBlackman99

Cool. Also, Renown doesn't have a K in it.

Just did a minor update to fix some typos. Anyone have any feedback on the guide? I'm still looking to hear if anyone has tested it and has any criticisms or feedback regarding balance.

I have not tested it but I can say with certainty that these are probably going to be the rules I'd use for a particular black shield Thousand Sons that I have roleplayed outside of RPG systems--should I decided to bring him into Deathwatch.

If possible my suggestion for the next guide is a Horus Heresy campaign guide. Maybe split it up into parts for each horus heresy book, but it would definitely be interesting to be able to see and use some of the gear from that time period for a campaign.

Also, back when they were loyalists the Emperor's Children did not use psykers because they saw such as taint to their perfection. Not sure whether you want to carry the librarian restriction through to the current day but thought I'd point that out. Just recently found that myself.

Nice work. I have tested the rules for a Chaos Space Marine nemesis, an Emperor's Children noise marine who has been hunting the PCs for years (in-game). I also made a Chaos Marine Campaign with a twist. The entire group were Alpha Legion infiltrating Deathwatch.

Nice visuals,detailed description and interesting rules. Keep writing these guides because you are really good at them. :)

For some really weird reason i am now imagining a Black Legion Chaos Marine taking off all the chaotic iconagraphy and presenting himself as a Blackshield to the Deathwatch, just to see how that would work.

Edited by filliman

For some really weird reason i am now imagining a Black Legion Chaos Marine taking off all the chaotic iconagraphy and presenting himself as a Blackshield to the Deathwatch, just to see how that would work.

It'd work semi-decently in the field, with a bit of prep, but inquisitorial installations have insane security, at least, if one's going by the Eisenhorn novels.

I am a little late to this party - but is there any chance the above links are available somewhere else? It sounded great, and we've just picked up our Deathwatch RPG after a several year hiatus. The website looks to have been suspended around April, and using http://oldweb.today/chrome/20021212150004/http://lodgeblackmangames.jigsy.com/rogue-trader-guides, I was able to see there was a google drive document...

Hi, it's been bugging me trying to search, and figured I'd ask in this thread.

I love these rules, first off, but I was just curious, how you would apply this to created chapters using traitor progenitors?

I don't know whether such rules already existed, but I can't find them anywhere, hence why it was bugging me, and this is basically the closest I've found to something that would help.

But of course, this is playing the traitor legions themselves, not descendants, so I'm a little lost on whether to just lift the primarch's curse (and maybe the chapter advances) and leave it at that, or whether there's more to it?