Will there be a random scenario option? (and other questions)

By NezziR, in BattleLore: Command

One of the things I like best about Battlelore is the lack of a "Mission" book. Instead, players draw scenario cards and terrain and field and objectives are randomized for each side. Does the application have that option?

Assuming the above is affirmed, is there an AI opponent?

While I'm asking, the statement in the product description about the "7 cards" leads me to believe the normal card draw mechanic of the board game is different in the app. How close to the board game are the command card mechanics?

Is there a campaign for both sides?

I'm a huge Battlelore fan and I'm really looking forward to this app.

Nez

One of the things I like best about Battlelore is the lack of a "Mission" book. Instead, players draw scenario cards and terrain and field and objectives are randomized for each side. Does the application have that option?

Assuming the above is affirmed, is there an AI opponent?

While I'm asking, the statement in the product description about the "7 cards" leads me to believe the normal card draw mechanic of the board game is different in the app. How close to the board game are the command card mechanics?

Is there a campaign for both sides?

I'm a huge Battlelore fan and I'm really looking forward to this app.

Nez

Well, just played through some of this and I can confirm a few things:

There is no randomization of field and objectives, even for multiplayer. This makes me really sad as it was one of my favorite aspects of the game. Instead multiplayer has set fields and set objectives, so Deathmatch is always on X map and Stronghold always on Y map, etc.

There is an AI opponent, but haven't done skirmish yet to see if it's any good or if it's dumb. Campaign is pretty easy so far, but I've just started.

I don't remember the exact draw mechanic of the regular game, but in the app it does seem dumbed down. You get 2 cards at the start, then draw 1 each turn. That's it. Also seems like it's a smaller pool of cards and they are unique to each side.

Seems like there's only a campaign for the humans.

All in all I'm a little disappointed. It's certainly very pretty and runs quite smoothly, but in my opinion it's kinda missing some key elements... :(

Having never played BattleLore in my life, nor even read the rule book, I utterly destroyed the AI in my first skirmish.

As a side note, it was a scenario where one had to defend their own stronghold while attacking the other across a mirrored map. I had posession of both strongholds to no avail. I had to table the AI to win. Bug?

Also, it has frozen to the point of requiring a reboot twice.

Add in dumbed down card text, dumbed down dice rolls and no pass and play, and this might be the first $10 board game app I've ever regrettted. Hopefully fixes and updates are soon to hit.

EDIT: I have now tried to play three more skirmish games vs. the AI. All, that is all fo them, in other words, each and every one of them, has ended in an irretreivable crash. This game is unstable in its current state. I would advise waiting.

Edited by navajas