FFG: Thank you for Listening !!!

By any2cards, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

I just got done reading the recently released rules for Imperial Assault. This includes:

1. Learn to Play
  2. Rules Reference Guide
  3. Skirmish Guide

The really nice piece, and the purpose of this post, is the Rules Reference Guide. They actually have created a Glossary with all major terms and rules defined in alphabetical order. Each entry lists the basic rule first, followed by a list of exceptions (if any) and additional details. Lastly, each entry lists some related topics that may hold additional information that is relevant to the topic.

I think I have died and gone to heaven. Good job FFG ! :P

EDIT: Now I just need to get them to make the same thing for Descent !

Edited by any2cards

Yes, I found this most impressive and helpful, as well. Good show FFG!

Seriously, FFG is now by far my favorite gaming company (and I've got the games to prove it!). Not only do they make fabulous games (as others do too), but they also 1) actively listen to their community and 2) respond intelligently. This level of responsiveness and involvement can only come from a company that is as passionate about their games as we are. Seriously, I am becoming more and more impressed by the quality of work that has been put into this game.

Good post, any2cards. :)

FFG have been including Rules Reference Guides in all of their recent games (the more complicated ones, anyway) for about the past year now. The first game to use this format was Eldritch Horror.

It's their new standard and I love it. First time I saw one was during Conquest PT.