I love Innsmouth, but I'm a little confused...

By Kriiztos, in Reference Materials

After playing last night, I discovered many rules that need clarification.

Ok, first of all, at Falcon Point, it says "During the movement phase... move to any aquatic location and have an encounter there..." Does this mean you will move to another aquatic location, have an encounter during movement, and then have another encounter during Arkham encounters phase?

Alright, second, Silas Marsh has his special aquatic movement ability. Is he the only character that can move to Yha' nthlei without having to go through Devil Reef? It seems logical since he's on a ship, but Yha' nthlei does have that "regardless of other game effects" rule...

Finally, (for now), Finn Edwards has that holdout ability. Does that mean he doesn't have to discard items when using them (i.e. Holy Water, Dynamite, Food, Tomes, etc..)? I really doubt this because that would make him extremely powerful, but I need clarification.

For now, that's it. Thank you all who answer my questions. :-)

~kriiz

Kriiztos said:

After playing last night, I discovered many rules that need clarification.

Ok, first of all, at Falcon Point, it says "During the movement phase... move to any aquatic location and have an encounter there..." Does this mean you will move to another aquatic location, have an encounter during movement, and then have another encounter during Arkham encounters phase?

Alright, second, Silas Marsh has his special aquatic movement ability. Is he the only character that can move to Yha' nthlei without having to go through Devil Reef? It seems logical since he's on a ship, but Yha' nthlei does have that "regardless of other game effects" rule...

Finally, (for now), Finn Edwards has that holdout ability. Does that mean he doesn't have to discard items when using them (i.e. Holy Water, Dynamite, Food, Tomes, etc..)? I really doubt this because that would make him extremely powerful, but I need clarification.

For now, that's it. Thank you all who answer my questions. :-)

~kriiz

You have your encounter w/ everyone else. It's just clarifying you don't move and have an encounter there.

Silas has to move through the reef. He has a ship, not a sub. Though I think Downs can start there.

I haven't paid fun much attention but I think it means he doesn't lose items from bank loans, maybe from hitting 0 st/sa

Wow, none of us thought about that bank loan thing with Finn. Ha, we were just getting rid of the loan right off the bat. It all makes sense now, and him even more powerful.

Dude, killer, I figured all these things, but I needed some insight. Thanks.

Kriiztos said:

I suppose in an earlier version, the Falcon Point special ability was intended to take place during the encounter phase, which would explain the phrase "move to any aquatic location and have an encounter there". They probably changed it to movement phase later, and forgot to remove the "and have an encounter there" part.

Don't forget you add aquatic locations to the main board with the tokens and Kingsport also has aquatic locals. So I think you can go to those locals as well from Falcon Point or with Marsh's ability.