Common Lore (Imperial Creed) aptitude question

By pearldrum1, in Only War Rules Questions

One of my players brought it to my attention that the aptitudes for Common Lore IC are different in separate places of the CRB.

Surprise, surprise.

Anyways, in the skills section the aptitudes are listed as Intelligence and General. However, on page 103 it is listed as Intelligence/knowledge.

I am more inclined to go with general/intelligence since common knowledge about the Imperial Creed would be every day, general information for Guardsmen.

Is there any official response to this?

The Errata does not address this issue, but if you want to consider <Dark Heresy Second Edition> as an evolution of <Only War>, that book treats Common Lore's Aptitudes as [intelligence/General]. [Forbidden/Scholastic Lore] should be [intelligence/Knowledge] to represent their difficult material, but Common Lore shouldn't be so expensive. It is "Common" Lore after all. In other words, I agree with you.

Edited by Asymptomatic

The Errata does not address this issue, but if you want to consider <Dark Heresy Second Edition> as an evolution of <Only War>, that book treats Common Lore's Aptitudes as [intelligence/General]. [Forbidden/Scholastic Lore] should be [intelligence/Knowledge] to represent their difficult material, but Common Lore shouldn't be so expensive. It is "Common" Lore after all. In other words, I agree with you.

Maybe it's an "evolution" of the system and the definitions have changed over time, but the difference between Common Lore and Scholastic/Forbidden Lore was meant to be that Common Lore was simply lore that one might pick up in a common fashion, not that it is common as such - leading to the situation where lore might be legal (from the POV of the Imperium) and simply "assimilated" through living in an environment, but still largely esoteric.

Common Lore ain't necessarily common, so to say.

I have long advocated that Common Lore be renamed Mundane Lore for this reason.

But I also think that Sub-Skills should have their own Aptitudes, to avoid those situations where applicable Aptitudes leads to wonkyness.

That being said, I'm absolutely convinced that you are right - Common Lore is supposed to have the Intelligence/General Aptitudes.

Is there any official response to this?

I am more inclined to go with general/intelligence since common knowledge about the Imperial Creed would be every day, general information for Guardsmen.

To the best of my (admittedly limited, and biased) knowledge, it's supposed to be Intelligence/General.