What and how many expansions will you buy?

By dpb1298, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

I think I'll get

1 Han

1 Chewbacca

2-3 Guard Champions (unless it is Carnor Jax)

I suppose we could get 4 IG-88's because we could have A,B,C and D!

3 Rebel Troopers (to compete in the skirmish with the storm troopers)

2 Saboteurs

2 General Weiss (one of the general and 1 for a regualr AT-ST)

What all do you think?

Also the expansions are listed on mini market now

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ssearch?q=imperial+assault

I'm planning one of each. Once I get some more experience with skirmish I may get more of the grunt type units.

I'm not sure multiples of the Guard Champion will get you an additional units as I think he's unique. Unless you plan on repurposing him.

I'm very curios on how AT-ST will work in the game. It seems over sized.

I'm also in the 1-of-each camp. I'm mostly interested in figures for painting and playing campaigns. However, I'm also moderately interested in skirmish mode. But there are two problems I have with buying multiples:

1) I'll only want to play Scum and even with IG-88, they seem very limited at the moment. And even if you bought two of the IG-88 packs, you can't use two because it only comes with one red command card that is unique.

2) I doubt I'll be able to use multiple figures in the campaign, so that's redundant. And the cards will also mostly be useless since most command cards are limit 1 per deck. That means there is a whole lot of waste in those extra packs.

So yeah, 1x of each ally/villain pack seems like plenty to me.

I'm also in the 1-of-each camp. I'm mostly interested in figures for painting and playing campaigns. However, I'm also moderately interested in skirmish mode. But there are two problems I have with buying multiples:

1) I'll only want to play Scum and even with IG-88, they seem very limited at the moment. And even if you bought two of the IG-88 packs, you can't use two because it only comes with one red command card that is unique.

2) I doubt I'll be able to use multiple figures in the campaign, so that's redundant. And the cards will also mostly be useless since most command cards are limit 1 per deck. That means there is a whole lot of waste in those extra packs.

So yeah, 1x of each ally/villain pack seems like plenty to me.

I forgot about the Red Cards. I suppose that means only 1 of the Champion and IG-88 are useful. I am mostly interested in using this in the skirmish game and perhaps expanding it into a miniature game so I guess I want more regular troops than people more interested in the campain (which I will play as well).

All of them

I forgot about the Red Cards. I suppose that means only 1 of the Champion and IG-88 are useful.

I think the rules let you have up to two elite cards (red), but unfortunately, the Champion is unique, so yeah, only one is legal. A bit of a bummer, I suppose.

And while it would be nice to have more Rebel units, having the 6 heroes to choose from is a pretty good start, I think.

Edited by Budgernaut

One of each for me but if there are non uniques then enough of those to make a playset.

There's also no reason to ever buy multiples, even for the grunts, Page 8 of the rules reference under Component Limitations:

1. In a campaign, players are limited to the number of figures included in the game. For example, the Imperial player is limited to six regular and three elite Stormtrooper figures, even if he owns multiple copies of the game.

There's also no reason to ever buy multiples, even for the grunts, Page 8 of the rules reference under Component Limitations:

1. In a campaign, players are limited to the number of figures included in the game. For example, the Imperial player is limited to six regular and three elite Stormtrooper figures, even if he owns multiple copies of the game.

Yes, but in a skirmish mission, you can have 1 of each unique, 2 of each elite (red) command card, and 4 of each regular (gray) command card. Since the Rebel troopers have one red and one gray command card, to field the maximum of four gray command cards, you would need four sets (assuming the core doesn't come with command cards for tokens that have no minis).

• In a campaign, players are limited to the number of figures included in the game. For example, the Imperial player is limited to six regular and three elite Stormtrooper figures, even if he owns multiple copies of the game. [/size]

There may be a reason in the skirmish game. You can have up to 4 of the regular and 2 or the elite. I'm hoping that swarm type squads will not be over powered so buying multiple grunt type units will only be for extreme completionist.

Atleast one of every single expansion they release til the end of time. I'm so pumped for this game. Like someone else said though, once I get a feel for skirmish I'm sure I'll get more.

Atleast one of every single expansion they release til the end of time. I'm so pumped for this game. Like someone else said though, once I get a feel for skirmish I'm sure I'll get more.

Me too. Especially the end of time part! ;)

If it becomes worthwhile to get several packs of the troopers, then I'll probably end up getting some more, but to start with, I'll just get 1 of each.

1 at first, if the skirmish calls for more then i will adjust as neccessary :D

1 of everything. It's going to consume half my yearly budget to get all of it, but 1 of everything will do nicely.

I guess it's official ...

If the average is "1 of everything" with those exceeding expectations adding in "til the end of time", given the number of posters in this thread already, and allowing for those who have not yet posted, it would seem that this game is now officially in the black.

Well done ! :P

Probably 1 of everything, enough to replace the tokens found in the core set.

As someone else noted in another thread, if Han Solo is going to make an appearance, he better look good.

Looks like the max you can field for the skirmish game is...

1 Han (1 red unique)

1 Chewbacca (1 red unique)

1 IG-88 (1 red unique)

1 Royal Guard Champion (1 red unique)

1 General Weiss (1 red unique)

(unknown as to if the regular AT-ST is red or grey so it will either be 6 or 2 for a total of 3 or 7 General Weiss packs)

6 Rebel Troopers Packs (4 gray 2 red)

6 Rebel Saboteurs Packs (4 gray 2 red)

Edited by dpb1298

1 Han (1 red unique)

1 IG-88 (1 red unique)

(unknown as to if the regular AT-ST is red or grey so it will either be 6 or 2 for a total of 7 General Weiss packs)

You need to double this for mirror matches. Plus one more core set.

1 Han (1 red unique)

1 IG-88 (1 red unique)

(unknown as to if the regular AT-ST is red or grey so it will either be 6 or 2 for a total of 7 General Weiss packs)

You need to double this for mirror matches. Plus one more core set.

I suppose so, but I personally am not interested in mirror matches so I will not be getting double this. I wonder if FFG will make an epic skirmish version at some point to better resemble a full blown miniature game. Then I would need more that's for sure.

Edited by dpb1298

I'm interested in all of them...but likely only one of each (to start with). Might add some additional Rebel Troops in the future though, if I need them for larger scaled Skirmish games.

Updated list of the maximum of expansions you can utilize for skirmish.

1 Han (1 red unique)

1 IG-88 (1 red unique)

(regular AT-ST (red 2) (but you have to have the core which includes one so you only really need 1 for a total of 2 General Weiss paks)

Also you will need double this for mirror matches.

I'm curious as to how many people will be comfortable with the tokens in the core set (besides financial reasons).

It almost seems like it's mandatory to pick up the mini figures to replace them.

What is the point of buying Vader and Luke I they come in the core?

Is there something different included?

Gary-Oldman-Yelling-Everyone-Leon-The-Pr

I knew I was in some serious trouble once this game was announced.