2 or 3 copies in your decks?

By sammann11, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest - Strategy

Just an informal poll, so to speak.

Do you all like (on the whole, not in every situation) putting in 2 copis of cards in your deck, for a wider variety overall, allowing you perhaps more flexibility with what your deck can do?

OR...

putting 3 copies of each in there, restricitng variety but strengthing the mechanics you're shooting for?

Most cards are 3-ofs. Variety is usually a bad thing as it affects consistency.

There are some cards that are okay as 2-ofs, mostly cards you don't want to get early or are expensivr...IE, you want them at some point, but don't want to draw them too early or risk getting multiple copies on your opening hand.

A few cards can also be used as 1-ofs if you only want to see it once in a game or later in a game (or as a deterent/threat). Like Exterminatus or a unique like the Tau or SM lieutenants.

I usually go with 1 or 2 cards as a s i ngletone, 2-4 as pairs, and everythings else in triplets.

Most are 3x, some like the unique faction discount supports are 2x.

Really? they don't seem that good to me to include at all, much less 2x (except with AM/IG conscripts)

Really? they don't seem that good to me to include at all, much less 2x (except with AM/IG conscripts)

Edited by Toqtamish

What are your thoughts on replacing the discount support cards with Promethium Mine? Granted, you have to wait until the next turn for it to pay for itself, and it will "quit working" after 4 more turns (though by now you're at the 5th turn at the earliest and the game will likely be over soon)

The benefit is that it's not a unique card, meaning you can have multiple copies in at once!

The discount cards are pretty much always good as they always at the least pay for themselves. Promethium mine late in to the game can be a dead card.

I had preordered two cores and so i have been able to get the one card from each faction tripled but all others doubled ( except signature) ... and theres a deck of 48 . so I popped in Pro Mine and Trader for 50.

a 3rd core ?? havent ordered but once i see more games played ill build decks for all with 3x .

The discount cards are pretty much always good as they always at the least pay for themselves. Promethium mine late in to the game can be a dead card.

I actually don't use them at all (with the exception of AM) because of the way economy works in Conquest. I could play a discount card and gain resources for future use, or I could play a command icon unit to a contested planet for essentially the same effect while preventing my opponent from winning the command struggle at that planet.

I actually don't use them at all (with the exception of AM) because of the way economy works in Conquest. I could play a discount card and gain resources for future use, or I could play a command icon unit to a contested planet for essentially the same effect while preventing my opponent from winning the command struggle at that planet.

They are also good for delaying your unit deployment for a deployment turn but not costing you anything.

That's what Recon Drones are for :D

That's what Recon Drones are for :D

Only if you have a Tau warlord. If only they weren't loyal, I would love them in an Eldar deck.

Cost 0-5 3x

Cost 6+/Unique often 2x or even 1x

Edited by Killax

So, is it recommended to buy 3 Core sets? I'm going to buy two but I haven't decided if I will have a third, since paying $120+ for 3 Core sets seemed rather expensive to me.

I play with only two and hold my own in casual play at the local FGS and with friends but I do not play competitively or in tournaments. No interest in that level of play

If I buy 3 Core sets, how many constructed decks can I make out of it for competitive environment and tournament play?

If I buy 3 Core sets, how many constructed decks can I make out of it for competitive environment and tournament play?

Without the Warpacks? I'd say about 2. Those being SM and DE.

With the Warpacks I'd say each faction has it's competative deck options.

I've been struggling with getting a hang of deck construction since I'm new to LCG's, so all my decks have at least 2 of everything I put in. Cheap and some important units (that I have three of. I've only got 2 core sets) usually get threes. Everything else is two typically.

Without the Warpacks? I'd say about 2. Those being SM and DE.

With the Warpacks I'd say each faction has it's competative deck options.

I'm buying the 4 Wolf Packs that are available now, and plan to get the other two once they can be purchased. I've ordered 2 Core sets but I'll get a third in the near future.

Edited by Star Lord

So, is it recommended to buy 3 Core sets? I'm going to buy two but I haven't decided if I will have a third, since paying $120+ for 3 Core sets seemed rather expensive to me.

I would have said just two but I've "had" to fork out for a third recently to remain competitive even in friendly games recently.

You can commonly find Core sets for $20-25 online, $70 is likelier than $120.

Conquest isn't too bad as far as waste with a third core set. I like having three as you can make your decks more reliable with 3x certain cards that you want to see a lot. I think as we go on with the new packs, 2x core set might work out. But if you want to be competitive now, I think you need 3.

XAnhL48.jpg

3 Core all the way and you can get them for cheap at coolstuffinc or miniature market. If you want to help FFG directly then that's good too.