The Digital Event Horizon?

By vespers2, in Talisman

I'm aware that Capcom has given up the ghost of producing the digital version of Talisman, and its a shame too (see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgbYXlvF1bQ ). Does anybody know if anyone else is stepping up to make this happen? I for one would love to see this for portable platforms like the DS.

There have been several home spun efforts to bring Talisman into the digital age, and some pretty good efforts at that.

Just before the announcement that Capcom was developing a version of the game for PC and console a fabulous conversion to the GBA was released, as consequently stamped all over by GW's legal bods. It was really a great shame because it was really well implemented, with bonuses to unlock and more.

There have been a few PC versions released, one of which only recently as well as the ability to play the game online through oTalisman .

You can even play the game through the tried and tested method of World Games !

...and for those that wonder what it might look like. Here's a pic of the interface on my very own GBA SP!

gbaon2.jpg

I wonder if it would be in bad form to report that the GBA version can still be found in dusty corners of the internet, not affiliated with MyWifeRocks Productions. ;)