Taurox for deathwatch use.

By SkullH4T, in Deathwatch House Rules

I Dont play guard but i somehow ended up with a taurox and while putting it together the thought occurred to me that these could make an excellent transport for kill teams imo.

There fast, armored (relatively) and pack some firepower. that and im working on a campaign that revolves on getting from place to place in a transport. i know these things are meant to transport up to 10 regular men, but i dont see why one would be able to modified to fit 4-5 marines and there equipment, and also pack some inquisition goodies aswell..

Edit: Redid the whole post, wrong vehicle. **** the new IG codex.

Taurox. Ugly looking thing, it's like a shoebox with upside down tank tracks. As far as tabletop goes, a marine and man are considered roughly the same size. Although as we all know that isn't entirely accurate considering a human is around 6ft and a marine is closer to 7-8ft. In theory though you could manage about 1.2 marines worth for every one human. Modifications to this would be logical...please turn the tracks the right way up.

Otherwise though yes you might be able to pack some better gear, replace the pintle mounted gun on the top with something like a las cannon or flamers with enough alteration and possibly improved armour plating perhaps with better protection or warding depending where you are going but the question is why would you use one of those things over a much nicer looking vehicle like the good ol' Rhino which marines and Inquisition can get for about 50p for a dozen or at least a Chimera which is also much nicer. (I just really hate that box thing).

Edited by Calgor Grim

I Dont play guard but i somehow ended up with a taurox and while putting it together the thought occurred to me that these could make an excellent transport for kill teams imo.

There fast, armored (relatively) and pack some firepower. that and im working on a campaign that revolves on getting from place to place in a transport. i know these things are meant to transport up to 10 regular men, but i dont see why one would be able to modified to fit 4-5 marines and there equipment, and also pack some inquisition goodies aswell..

Why would you use a Taurox, though, as a Kill-Team? I can see a group of warfront acolytes doing it, but why Astartes? The Astartes have access to much fancier things.

Why would you use a Taurox, though, as a Kill-Team? I can see a group of warfront acolytes doing it, but why Astartes? The Astartes have access to much fancier things.

I suppose it depends what you have access to at the time. When in Rome and all that...

When Marines can use Rhinos, they can probably use a Taurox without much issue as well. Might have to modify the doors, though, as they look less wide than a Rhino's. Or you just need to step outside sideways. :P