In 100% Seriousness now.

By Itachi Uchiha, in UFS Off Topic

Everybody who dismisses FPS's on terms of "it's one best gun and one best strategy for every map" are blind, overarching idiots who have become so dismissive of a genre that they fail to put enough time into a game to realize its intricacies.

How much time have you put into Call of Duty 4? How much have you put into Halo 1/2/3? How seriously have you taken it? Not very, I would wager, because you dismiss it right off the bat as "One gun, one strategy."

Wrooooooooooong.

I can tell you at least 4 different ways to play every map on Call of Duty 4, and while I haven't played Halo seriously in a while I'm sure I could do the same for that given the time to re familiarize myself with the maps.

I don't play fighting games, yet I'm not so stupid as to dismiss them all as QCF/HKR fests because I know I haven't taken the time to learn the intricacies of the game.

Yes, it's just your opinion, and you're entitled to it, but I'm hear telling you that your opinions are short sighted and borderline bandwagon cliche hate for FPS's. There are terrible FPS's that come out by the bucket load, but to dismiss all of them on the off hand makes you look like a bunch of loons.

Final note: To the person who mentioned the whole Keyboard/Mouse vs. Controller debate. Shut up.

Hey, no argument here Arch.

I just always LOL at the mindset of XBox-owners. They're the same zealots who pile into obviously horrible movies, leave them, and go, "Wow, I can't believe how bad that was." And working at a theatre, I see that a lot.

XBox is basically the console that coddles its only fan-base: people who don't want to look like losers to their immature peers (because I guess owning anything Nintendo or Sony-related might make you a nerd, and that's obviously the worst thing to happen in this life time). XBox hosts a far bigger majority of sports games, FPSes, and otherwise violent/M-Rated games to continually feed the ever-so-hungry fanbase of people who like seeing **** get blown up.

It's almost like having a fanbase of nothing but medieval simians whom drag their knuckles in the sand.

And I apologize if it appears as if I'm saying all. I'm not such a blanket speaker; obviously not EVERY human to own an XBox is cro-magnon. But most are, and as a person who was born basically with an SNES, and later on would live in both worlds of Nintendo's top-notch quality and Sony's variety, it's embarrassing to think there's a third competitor, let alone one that does as well as it does.

I could go on and on, and who knows? Maybe I will.

But when it comes to FPS, I just get sick of hearing these XBox losers chanting, "OMFG LOOK AT THESE NEW FPS! IT'S SET IN THE FUTURE, WHICH HAS CLEARLY NEVER BEEN DONE B4! OOH, AND IT'S RATED-M!"

Oh, and one more thing:

Gears of War took a lot of Resident Evil 4's success, and merely built off it. Anybody who thinks GoW's Chainsaw is gruesome needs to first see Dr. Salvador first.

MarcoPulleaux said:

I just always LOL at the mindset of XBox-owners. They're the same zealots who pile into obviously horrible movies, leave them, and go, "Wow, I can't believe how bad that was." And working at a theatre, I see that a lot.

XBox is basically the console that coddles its only fan-base: people who don't want to look like losers to their immature peers (because I guess owning anything Nintendo or Sony-related might make you a nerd, and that's obviously the worst thing to happen in this life time). XBox hosts a far bigger majority of sports games, FPSes, and otherwise violent/M-Rated games to continually feed the ever-so-hungry fanbase of people who like seeing **** get blown up.

It's almost like having a fanbase of nothing but medieval simians whom drag their knuckles in the sand.

And I apologize if it appears as if I'm saying all. I'm not such a blanket speaker; obviously not EVERY human to own an XBox is cro-magnon. But most are, and as a person who was born basically with an SNES, and later on would live in both worlds of Nintendo's top-notch quality and Sony's variety, it's embarrassing to think there's a third competitor, let alone one that does as well as it does.

I could go on and on, and who knows? Maybe I will.

But when it comes to FPS, I just get sick of hearing these XBox losers chanting, "OMFG LOOK AT THESE NEW FPS! IT'S SET IN THE FUTURE, WHICH HAS CLEARLY NEVER BEEN DONE B4! OOH, AND IT'S RATED-M!"

Shinji post.