Wargear cards or threat asset cards in your play area

By Gentlemanbastard, in Relic

Hi, new to the thread so sorry if this has already been brought up but i couldnt find an answer.

Just bought the game (my very first fantasy board game i may add). I was wondering if you can play any wargear cards or threat asset cards(in your play area) with charge values on them at any point in your battle, like after you have already done your battle roll, to boost the result. Instead of at the prep for battle step (where must play power cards) before you or the enemy roll. It doesnt clarify in the rules, i know you can only use one weapon and armour per turn and any number of equipment cards.I assume that threat asset and wargear cards without charges on them you would be using anyway, if you so wished, so they would be used at the prep for battle stage anyway.

The Forgotten portal cards aswell do they get left on the space that they were drawn on, stupid question i know but just to clarify. Also is there any other web way portals on the board apart from the one that lets you travel from middle to outer as the forgotten portal card says you may move to a web way portal space which to me seems like there is more than one.

Sorry for rambling, any help in this would be much appreciated.

I am fairly new to Relic, but I think I can answer you, as I also have played Talisman since the 80's and Relic uses a similar mechanic as Talisman so it came easy for me.

In Talisman we used to do exactly what you are asking, drink a potion after dice were rolled and add Strength or other similar abilities. But Relic seems to bring more balance and less of these opportunities of over powered abilities. It appears to me and my group that everything in Relic must be counted before you roll your dice. However there does seem to be a minor area of help in this regard, you can see the enemy roll before you do your stuff.

I could be wrong, as I have only played about 5 games of Relic so far.

Edited by DomaGB

Thanks for the reply, as far as I am aware you have to prep for battle before the enemy rolls so you wouldn't be able to see the enemies score before playing your power/asset/wargear cards.

Yes, the use of wargear, Power cards and all other battle score related stuff usually should be done in Prepare For Battle phase, before the dice roll that is.

We usually compromise that player may activate his limited use assets or Power cards after the roll in PvE combat, but in PvP all the modifiers should be activated before the roll(unless the card or ability allows its use after the roll).

The Forgotten Portal cards are left on the space they've been drawn on, there are a few FP cards in every Threat card deck, and also Eldar Dire Avengers Exarch has some in his Nemesis deck. Aside from moving from one FP to another, you can move to the Webway Portal, right. And it is the only one.

Edited by Andyxprime

Awesome cheers! :)