marks potm report

By Tuesday2, in UFS Uk Forum

was gunna do this earlier but first week back at work got in the way.

So friday night we head up to the area, and have some amazing food (same place everytime) dam its good there. have a chat with mr steve and the rest of the gang, very much fun as usual. get some sleep then off to the main event.

oh my god was the room hot but that wasn't gunna stop all the eager gammers from beatin 2 shades of s**t from each other :P sorry for the short match reports but i have a very bad memory :(

Round 1 i get paired against matt hewit (fixed lol) who is playin his 1 check chun li deck of doom.

game 1 basically ends up a control war however when he trys to use his olcadon's to eat my foundations, however i have copied his makai high noble and use it, he forgets it doesn't commit after negating it and uses his second olcandans which then allows me to eat his most important foundations and the win the next turn with twop.

GAME 2 goes silly control and his board is just full of chester's and lynettes copyin chesters, and i lose.

game 3 goes to time so we tie

Round 2 and i get an ivy deck with a player that has heard of my canada deck

Game 1 i get out control very quickly with a large board and am able to commit him out whenever he attacks

game 2 my life swings a bit then i get hit by a full power RAGING GNOME, i spend a few turns on low health before killin him, that was asome GNOME

Round 3 vs the first of the frogase decks i would play.

game 1 i am fallin very far behind when i draw 2 tiger fury's and manage to force through 11 damage on each just passin both checks :)

game 2 i think goes to time and so i get the win (really do need to wright 0 when i kill on my pad)

Round 4 vs the other frogase deck, this one has already been posted by dan so i'm lazy :P

Round 5 vs ze mai fire aggro

game 1 he goes made chuckin out cheap foundations, i guess he attacks a lot so make sure to get out bitter rivals and keep control of his borad with olcadans.

game 2 he mulls, then attacks, i block with a rejection and use breaker, he then fails his foundation and it is not hard for my control deck to win after a free turn

so i finish on 4-0-1 and make it on my draw (one of the french played akuma to a 4-1-0) very close.

top 8 i play the kula evil deck

games 1 and 2 very very close but i made sure that gorgueos team saw as little mat time as possible, and manage to take 1-0 on time

top 4 vs joe and his donavan deck of doom

Again joe has covered this match well and i would like to thank him for being a great oppaent for scooping when he was sure he couldn't win to give me a quick break before the final

Final vs Chun li

I'm sure people know how chun li works but i found out what she is like without spike, Game 1 i managed to get olcadons out for 2 turns with effect, and game 2 i managed to servive when he couldn't multi out chun li's kick fully (only multi 1 ), the turn after i went for leathal and made it.

So i managed to win 300 potm, holo gabe tyhco and penny arcade, a prize pack and 2 incramental's (one each of the new sets). Asome prizes i must say a big thank u again to steve for sorting out such amaizing prizes.

For anyone looking to get any potm i will bring a deck box full with me where ever i go tournament wise. the will be for trade at mostly jank state commons uncommons. i won't be tryin to get big cards for them.

catch u all at the next regonal :P

Nice short report Mark. Yup it was very close between us ! I've lost one game with my Akuma against Alex, the finalist. It was very instructive to play with another gamers like you all guys ! And I hope to see ya on our French National to have great time and some time to spend together.

Finally our Akuma's deck was very very close, I maindeck Gaishiki and it was a good solution to solve Owlface stuff and some of "ass-breaker" assets. I added some Stand Off and I'm fond of this foundation ! **** too strong with Akuma-matata. ,Your deck was a little more control I thought and a bigger diversity on the symbols to manage all type of game before you. I really like it !

Little point of deception about the cut but it's rules an diversity is, however, a good rule. And we were not able to play a mirror match together, well next time I hope !