Fleshing out the Finial Sector

By Cogniczar, in Dark Heresy Fan Art

Finial%20Sector_0.png

Edited by Cogniczar

I've got a star system developed which is the Herakaeli star system, could that work for you? It's a binary star system with 4 planets, a few moons and is in the border of Tau space, near the sept of Vash'Ya. It's a haven for rogue traders, xeno traders and has unusually good relations with a nearby Eldar craftworld because it serves as the shield to one of their maiden planets. It's meant to be for a campaign where the rogue trader house and the system are pious enough for the Ecclesiarchy and they are caught between the Tau who want to make them part of their empire and the Empire trying to keep them in their fold. The Inquisition has a party trying to find the conspirators while the Rogue Traders do their usual shennanigans. Does that sound good enough for the sector?

Edited by fr05yu

I like the sound of your system, but the only problem I see is the Tau. Wrong Segmentum! =D

However, I'd gladly add it to one of my upcoming maps for Segmentum Ultramar.

****! Hadn't seen the Segmentum Obscurus at the top, oh well! I'll just keep fleshing out my sector, the dynasties in it, the Eldar and corsairs around it until it becomes properly detailed :D

Maybe start with a fortress world protecting a hive world and a warp storm on the spinward side?

Finial%20Sector.png

This rendition of the Finial Sector was based on the following appendix description of Green Knights novel, 'Dark Omega':

Finial: Huge, decentralized sector located to spinward/coreward of Calixis. Contains no less than a thousand worlds, divided into thirty-five subsectors and territories, which in turn are organized into the ‘Seven Circles of Finial’.

with contributed planet names and the location of the novel included. Thoughts?

That's how a sector map should look like. It's full, with a lot of prior potential stories from just the names and groupings.

How cool is this...I see you've got some of the key worlds I mentioned in the novel down...Bokiba-Bapas, Moreal Princeps, Zephyr. Nice. Hextes. Also fun :-)

If you need some more world snippets, you could look here: http://www.twilightpeaks.net/blogs/index.php/3BC/locations

Epic Black Crusade campaign that ravages across the Finial sector on its way to Calixis. The comments have some more worlds.

ill be adding these worlds in once I get an opportunity again. ^^. productive weekend

Finial%20Sector_0.png