Is there a "point" to the point system?

By Hastur, in CoC General Discussion

Just wondering if having points next to your name means anything at all, or if it is a stupid status thing that people can brag about and flaunt? Anyone have any info on this? FFG?

Hastur said:

Just wondering if having points next to your name means anything at all, or if it is a stupid status thing that people can brag about and flaunt? Anyone have any info on this? FFG?

I saw somewhere on the site (but it's to slow and hard to navigate to find it again right now...) that it had to do with monthly raffles. The more points, the more tiers of raffles you enter, and you can win free games and other swag.

Maybe it is a new form of redemption? Because the new APs dont have sanity points, so we wont have sanity redemption at all.

lordofmasks

Found it: new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_comunidad_ventajas.asp

It reads:

Points = Prizes
Get Points to participate in raffles and special promotions.

Participating in the Community and interacting with it is rewarded with Points, following our top secret scale (don’t bother asking, it’ll be kept secret). The Points are used to reach different levels of monthly raffles, which will let you get special promotions available only to Community Players, of all of our games, from the smallest to the largest. The more Points you have, the more levels of raffle you can reach, and the larger the games that will be available to you.

• Level 01 Raffle: for Players with more than 25 Points.
  • Level 02 Raffle: for Players with more than 200 Points.
  • Level 03 Raffle: for Players with more than 500 Points.
  • Level 04 Raffle: for Players with more than 1000 Points.

Prizes and raffle winners will be made public on the last Friday of each month in the News section and the Forums (you can read the rules here on the Help page).

Well, based on that, I expect the "play by email" style to return. Remember on the old forum, the people with the most posts were doing play by email style games over the forum, where every turn required a new post. I want to say Twilight Imperium was the king of this, but I can't remember for certain.

Points = Prizes... Uh, that's a terrible idea. No thanks to useless posts and stupid threads. I hope the prizes are super bad.

This is really an odd thing...but I dont think it has only to do with posting...there is more to the system.

lordofmasks

Marius - thanks for the heads up! I've been looking for an explination of the points.

Free stuff for being an active member of the online community - I think that the system has potental... I plan on posting more.

- Stu

Ponits/Raffle/Freebies = Cool

Spam Postings = Not Cool

Hopefully there is more to point collection then posting

Maybe people will get points depending on how useful/indepth/not stupid there posts are (fingers crossed)