Card Clarification Questions

By redens, in Dust

Hi All,

First, apologies if these have been asked before. I didn't want to sift through old post.

1) Ballistic Missle attack: player A is using the BM Strategy card and attacks a space containing units belonging to player B. Player B's strategy card is the "Nurse" card which allows for rolls on hit troops to see if they retreat. The Question is: Can Player B use the "nurse" ability in this case?

2) Same situation but Player C has the card that allows all units to retreat before a roll is made. Is Player C allowed to use this abilty against a BM attack?

We have played it that you cannot, in either case, use the card abilities to avoid a BM Attack since it is not a 'traditional' battle. Is this a correct interpretation?

thanks!

Wow...almost four weeks and no reply to this...

Is it an obvious question and I missed something in the rules?

Something else?

thanks!

I *think* you're doing it right - even though BM takes up one of your attacks for the round, it's a "special attack" that is resolved differently. This shouldn't be too broken since IIRC BM only rolls 3 dice, so even if the opponent can't retreat with those card powers they probably won't lose a major territory (unless they weren't defending it well enough in the first place lengua.gif ) However, it's been quite a while since I played and I don't have the rules in front of me.