Prey on the weak with Brawl ??

By JP_JP, in Game Mechanics

The new talent Prey on the weak reads : " The character deals +1 damage to one hit on all successful combat checks against disoriented targets per rank of Prey on the Weak ".

I know it synergizes well with the talent Terrify, but what happens if you are using the Brawl skill and generate 2 advantages ? Can you trigger Disorient and then get the +1 damage from Prey on the Weak ?? or does the target need to suffer from disorient before you hit him ?

It's kind of weird in the rulebook because you deal damage before choosing the effects of threat/advantages but you apply the damage after said threat/advantages.

So... could Prey on the Weak work with on the same round that Disorient is triggered with a Brawl attack ??

On the book on Page 148 step 3 is deal damage and step 4 of a combat check is resolve Advantage and Triumph. My rule would be the talent adds its bonus to step 3. If you attack a goon and spend 2 Advantage on your attack next turn you will gain the benifet.

Edited by Oogy

A bit of a tangent, but it also works really nicely with a number of melee weapons as well. I'm thinking brass knuckles, truncheon, and gaffi stick all have Disorient on them. Against droids, an ionization blaster has Disorient, and it's Ranged (Light), which the Aggressor has.

On the book on Page 148 step 3 is deal damage and step 4 of a combat check is resolve Advantage and Triumph. My rule would be the talent adds its bonus to step 3. If you attack a goon and spend 2 Advantage on your attack next turn you will gain the benifet.

When does the Disorient stops ? after the targets next action, or after my next action ?

Let's say we have 2 Aggressor jedis in the group with both 2 ranks of Prey on the Weak. I wonder how you'd resolve this situation : Aggressor 1 has the first spot in the round, strikes target and triggers Disorient.... Target of Disorient takes second place in the round, suffers the setback because of Disorient.

Would Aggressor 2 get the bonus from Prey on the Weak against target ?

Would Aggressor 1 get the bonus from Prey on the Weak against target if he goes first in the next round ?

Would Aggressor 1 get the bonus from Prey on the Weak against target if he goes last in the next round ?

If Aggressor 1 get the bonus from Prey on the Weak against target if he goes last in the next round, would target get the Setback another time in the 2nd round ?

Another situation.... Target goes first in the round. Aggressor 1 strikes target on the second spot and triggers Disorient. My take is that Aggressor 2 would get the bonus from Prey on the Weak on the first round, and both Aggressor would get the bonus on the second round.

Also just to make sure I get the rules.... if I hit target with brawl and generate 4 advantages, I can trigger Disorient twice. So target doesn't get 2 setback, but just 1 but for 2 rounds. Am I right ?

By default, Disorient lasts until the victim has taken his turn, and then it promptly goes away (i.e. it interferes with his next action). Stacking extends duration, keeping him disoriented for two rounds, etc. Multiple Aggressors can thus alternate brawl (with its cheap disorient) and melee weapons (with high damage) to effecitvely curb-stomp their victim, you monster.

Multiple Aggressors can thus alternate brawl (with its cheap disorient) and melee weapons (with high damage) to effecitvely curb-stomp their victim, you combat monster.

;)

Multiple Aggressors can thus alternate brawl (with its cheap disorient) and melee weapons (with high damage) to effecitvely curb-stomp their victim, you combat monster.

FIFY.

;)

It's not a combat monster until you've rebuilt a GW Space marine Terminator, complete with cyclone launcher, in AoR.

Gageteer with Power armor is awesome.