Common Lore and Interaction skills

By bogi_khaosa, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

(Reposted from being placed before in the incorrect forum.)

I was reading the nifty little bit in the IH where it is stated that a successful Common Lore (Some Organization or Other) Test gives you a +10 to Interaction tests with members of that organization.

I rather like this rule, as it makes sense. However, does "Imperium" count as an organization? Intuitively, this makes sense as well, as it would allow characters with CL (Imperium) to interact more effectively with Imperials than with the poor benighted savages abroad. But I am not sure if it is legit.

E.g. Stephen Hawking the heavily augmented Tech Priest has an Int of 50 and a Fellowship of 25 and does not have the Deceive skill. However, he does have Common Lore (Imperium) +20 and Common Lore (Administratum) +10. He is trying to Deceive a member of the Imperial Administratum. He rolls 35 for CL (Imperium) and 55 for CL(Administratum), making both. So his Deceive Roll is 25/13 + 10 + 10 = 33.

Is this right?

I wouldn't give anyone a double bonus for two relevant lore skills, that strikes me as unbalanced.

I don't think I'd use common lore: imperium for bonuses either - it's just too general. Rather, I'd give penalties to players interacting with a significantly alien culture, where relevant.