Integrating Skaven

By Katsuyori, in Warhammer: Diskwars

I am just thinking hard how to use Skaven in my next battle. I want to field them alongside Greenskins in a 2-Regiment battle.

I just realized how fragile the existing Skaven units are. The Gutter Runners seem to be very vulnerable, since the will not even survive most counter attacks while pinning. The Ratling Guns are tougher, but they are obviousley not really made for close combat.

When using Skaven with 2 ratling Guns and 2 units of Gutter Runners (32 points, +1 initiative), my little Waaagh!!! will already cover ranged combat and the possibilities to cover good distance to occupy terrain I want, but I clearly lack of tough units who excel in melee. So I thought about using this Mob:

Azagh (since he is really strong when pinning and able to take some serious damage before going down)

Troll (strong, tough unit with good damage output)

Boar Boyz (also tough, with impact)

Orc Boyz

Night Goblins (just fitting with the point costs)

I am not quite sure if this is a good combination. My Army, everything and all consists just of 10 discs, and seems to heavily depend on my "tough units" mentioned above to survive. My average ability to sustain attacks also seems to by relatively low. So, if someone has some experience using Skaven or has some outstanding idea combining them with Orcs I will humbly beg for advice from Generals wiser than me.