New Rogue Trader Designer Diary: Forsaken Bounty!

By FFG Ross Watson, in Rogue Trader

Hi Rogue Trader fans!

This week I have a short-but-sweet designer diary talking about the Rogue Trader Free RPG Day product, Forsaken Bounty.

Awesome, and I should be home on leave in time to grab this beauty!

Let's hope it's more " Edge of Darkness " and less " Shattered Hopes ", eh? demonio.gif

gui%C3%B1o.gif

TS Luikart said:

Let's hope it's more " Edge of Darkness " and less " Shattered Hopes ", eh? demonio.gif

gui%C3%B1o.gif

Well said.

TS Luikart said:

Let's hope it's more " Edge of Darkness " and less " Shattered Hopes ", eh?

That would be nice, but with EoD being 48 pages without characters and Forsaken Bounty being 26 pages with characters, Im thinking it is going to be more Shattered Hopes. And Im ok with that!

I'll be running this on Free RPG Day so I have a copy of the booklet and it is very cool. Has 3 PC's and a nice overview of the rules. Characters are about 10 - 15 pecentage points higher than starting DH characters, with better gear as well.

Wyrd_1970 said:

I'll be running this on Free RPG Day so I have a copy of the booklet and it is very cool. Has 3 PC's and a nice overview of the rules. Characters are about 10 - 15 pecentage points higher than starting DH characters, with better gear as well.

Is that across the board, so with all Characteristics being 10-15 higher? It makes no sense for a Astropath to be 10-15 points stronger then a starting Guardsman! Or is it only in key attributes, so a starting Astropath has a WP in the 40-50 instead fo 35-40?

I wouldnt mind characters being 10-14 better in certain areas then the ones in DH, but honestly, I just wouldnt like it to be across the board.

It's only in the Key attributes. For example, the Rogue Trader has a Fellowship 51%. Significantly higher than a DH PC who might rely on personal charm or magnetism.

Sorry for the confusion!

Wyrd_1970 said:

It's only in the Key attributes. For example, the Rogue Trader has a Fellowship 51%. Significantly higher than a DH PC who might rely on personal charm or magnetism.

Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks for sharing.
Makes sense, since the RT-chars are going to be "established & important key members" of the crew and not "lowly start-ups in an =I= cell".

Peacekeeper_b said:

TS Luikart said:

Let's hope it's more " Edge of Darkness " and less " Shattered Hopes ", eh?

That would be nice, but with EoD being 48 pages without characters and Forsaken Bounty being 26 pages with characters, Im thinking it is going to be more Shattered Hopes. And Im ok with that!

I would not fear that straight out of hand. Yep "Edge" had a lot more pages, but in 23 pages (with rules) could still be nice "clue chase" after ...let´s say the sighting/whereabouts of a space hulk your captain wants to get hold. With the adventure being the chase (racing from planet to planet, meeting people and haggling with them to get info..while overcoming minor obstacles along the way), leaving "the catch" (boarding the hulk & seizing it) being the first thing the GM-in-question could start as his "own" adventure. Would make for a really good "opener adventure", with hook atteched.

And NO: I do not own a copy or do know anything :) Just out-of-my-mind

Wyrd_1970 email me at [email protected]

Exciting times!

More importantly, their gear is a definite upgrade from Acolytes at 1st Level.

you all got copy of it?

I can't find a retailer who has them here in Belgium, a real bummer tough! I love DH and I really really really really really want to try rogue trader with my players...

Sounds like RT gives more freedom to your characters on a scale of good and evil.
My DH players always tend to be good loving acolytes of the emporer altough I know they totally want to blow stuff to bits that is not suppossed to be in bits. I even tell them they can take the darker path and try it out but they all fear the emporer and so on blablabla... you know what I mean.
RT gives me the feeling that you can actually go for more of your own interests instead of the Imperium, wich will defenitly get my players hooked more on RT then on DH. Thats why I wanted to try the forsaken bounty scenario.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Chances are I won't find a FLGS before Free RPG Day, but I look forward to being able to download the preview from the site afterwards.

Psion said:

Chances are I won't find a FLGS before Free RPG Day, but I look forward to being able to download the preview from the site afterwards.

Wow didn't know you could download it afterwards. Exams got me pretty book bound and I don't have time to read everything on the sites I visit.
Thanks for the good news!