Basic Guardsman NPC stats.

By Twillera, in Dark Heresy

In my current campaign I have NPC guard who works with the group. When I made her I created her to around the same level as the rest of the party (although slightly less powerful). Im curious though, what stats/gear/abilities a common guard you would find on any number of world would have. The core rule book does not have one, and I glanced at a few of the others and they also are missing profiles. The closest Iv found is kill squad trooper. I suspect only war probably has some profiles, but I dont have the book. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The average characteristics for most ordinary humans seem to be around the mark of 30, though specifics will obviously vary between individuals as well as their homeworld.

The latter is also true for their equipment and experience: A regular Guardsman from planet A could be a well-trained, hand-picked member of the PDF's elite, wearing heavy flak armour with helmet and brandishing a newly-made lasgun and combat knife. A Guardsman from planet B will be a farmhand conscripted into service, having had barely a month to learn how to operate the cheap rifle she was given and the only "armour" being a heavy cloak. Lastly, the Guardsman from planet C is a buff brute with muscles like an Ogryn, the tattoo on his forehead marking him as a former criminal pressed into service, armed with a fiendishly jagged knife, a laspistol and .. oh gak, are those fingers on the chain around his neck?!

(in short, there is very little you could do wrong if you look for something in the middle of the various extremes ;) )

Edited by Lynata

Basic Weapon Training: Las is an obvious choice, probably Basic Weapon Training: Primitive, but other than that it's a crapshoot. Obviously they'll speak Low Gothic since freakin' everyone does, but other than that it depends on the planet they're from.

Since they *probably* have some kind of weapon training, a basic Guardsman would likely have a slightly-above-average BS, somewhere in the 35s, but it depends.

If they're of the Catachan, for a random example, then they likely will have Survival, high WS, and higher Toughness and Strength than normal. Vostroyans might have Resistance: Cold, better gear than standard, and high BS. It all depends on where they're from, though.

Melee Weapon Training: Primitive, rather than Basic, but otherwise I'd agree. Knife and Lasgun as the standard, right?