question about swift and lightning attack

By jack_px, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

hi i have a question about this types of attacks, meaby im just understanding them very well xD. (sorry english is not my native language)

so swift attack says: The attacker makes a Challenging (+0) Weapon Skill test. If he succeeds on the test, he inflicts one hit on his target with his melee weapon for the initial degree of success, plus one hit for every two additional degree of success.

my question here is, if i dont have any degree of success, but i passed the test, i dont score any hit?, basically if my weapon skill is 40 and i have 39 with the % dice, i score 1 hit, or i dont score any hit at all?

something similar with lightning attack it says: The attacker makes a Difficult (–10) Weapon Skill test. If he succeeds on the test, he inflicts one hit on his target with his melee weapon for every degree of success he scored on the test.

so if i succed the test, but i dont score any degree of success (like the example in swift attack), i dont score any hit at all??

thanks in advance.

ou and a little one about character creation, when it says: Because of this, the player can re-roll any one characteristic value when generating his Acolyte’s characteristics, but must keep the second result.

this means, that you can actually re-roll all your characteristics if you want but must keep the second result or it means that you can only re-roll only one characteristic and the second keep the result???

hi i have a question about this types of attacks, meaby im just understanding them very well xD. (sorry english is not my native language)

so swift attack says: The attacker makes a Challenging (+0) Weapon Skill test. If he succeeds on the test, he inflicts one hit on his target with his melee weapon for the initial degree of success, plus one hit for every two additional degree of success.

my question here is, if i dont have any degree of success, but i passed the test, i dont score any hit?, basically if my weapon skill is 40 and i have 39 with the % dice, i score 1 hit, or i dont score any hit at all?

something similar with lightning attack it says: The attacker makes a Difficult (–10) Weapon Skill test. If he succeeds on the test, he inflicts one hit on his target with his melee weapon for every degree of success he scored on the test.

so if i succed the test, but i dont score any degree of success (like the example in swift attack), i dont score any hit at all??

thanks in advance.

If the roll succeed you get one degree of success. There is no "zero" degrees of success like in DH1.

Edited by Alox

ou and a little one about character creation, when it says: Because of this, the player can re-roll any one characteristic value when generating his Acolyte’s characteristics, but must keep the second result.

this means, that you can actually re-roll all your characteristics if you want but must keep the second result or it means that you can only re-roll only one characteristic and the second keep the result???

The player can choose one characteristic that should be rerolled. :-)

i just didnt even read about the degrees of success, i just thinked that it was the same as DH1, thanks man!

A lot of stuff has changed actually.

Standard Attacks gives a player a +10 bonus now. Auto-Fire has changed (it is like in OW/BC) etc. etc.

I had to go through all the talents and actions to fully appreciate the "new rules".

That was uncalled for.

Not everyone has English as their primary language y'know.

The intent and meaning of his post was clear, imho.

Yeah, the person even said they're not a native speaker and apologized for it. I guess CPS could just be trying to tease, but it seems like he's just picking on the guy. Not cool.

Just report him, put him on ignore and move on. Let him stew in his own hatred.

i just didnt even read about the degrees of success, i just thinked that it was the same as DH1, thanks man!

Just be aware that during the course of the line, there's been *a lot* of copy-pasting, resulting in some rules-dodgyness that you might want to manually adjust for. A lot of rules have been written with the assumption that it works like in DH1, RT or DW, meaning that certain things scale very oddly.

I'm not sure which system I liked the most.