Friend Finder

By EldarBanshee, in Support

The friend finder can search only in US states, but not in countries. Since a lot of us are not US citizens it would be nice to search by country and province as well.

Hello, I´m Spanish and my english isn´t good, excuse me if I write bad. I think that is posible looking for people of other countries. I have looking for people of Madrid and the search engine has found them putting in madrid

Bye gui%C3%B1o.gif

Hmmm, in that case the label for the field needs to be changed. At the moment the only geographical search field is named "State". If Madrid actually works the label should be changed to something more suitable, as Madrid is a city.

Update: It seems that the search does indeed work for all locations, be they states, countries or cities. Which means that only the label needs to be more descriptive as it is named "State", which suggests that you can search by state only. My biggest confusion arose because I am, apparently, the only Dutch person registered here and thus when I searched for "Netherlands" an error came up.

Part of the error message that you see when no results are found is in Spanish, by the way. I have noticed Spanish messages and text to pop up in several places on the website for that matter. I'll try to make a list if I encounter more.