Asha Greyjoy

By valerossi, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

Hi, the new Asha Greyjoy (if any opponent has more power on his house card than you, Asha Greyjoy can not be killing) Is the power on my house card or all my power on my cards?

Look at the opponent's house card. Then look at your own. Compare the power tokens on each. If your opponent has more, then she cannot be killed.

Thks. i think is op card

Not really. She doesn't have a Noble or War crest, so she doesn't have synergy with those effects. She's extremely expensive to play, and even if she does get into play she can still be bounced and discarded. She's still only 3 str, less than her cost.

I'm sorry Grim, but did you just say a 3-STR tricon with Renown, a conditional CBK, and Naval enhancements on ALL THREE icons is not particularly impressive to you because it costs 4 gold and doesn't have a crest?

Edited by ktom

I think he said that she isn't op - an assertion I'd concur with. She's obviously very, very good, that goes without saying.

Ah. That makes sense. I keep forgetting that I've fallen into the habit of seeing "this card is op" and interpreting it as "this card is very good."

Oh, yes, sorry, I was away for a while. Yeah, "OP" I am in the habit of reading as "candidate for restriction" or is otherwise distorting the game. Doesn't at all mean she's not a baller card. Plus the original poster seems to be a new player, so I was just raising some issues to consider when evaluating card balance and opportunity cost in general.

And this is a separate issue...but she seems oddly vanilla to me. What you see is what you get. With, for example, Murder Dany, you have more thinking to do in how you build for her and how you deploy her.

I don't know. I have trouble investing in power uniques because it just seems like they're so easily handled. Knelt, blanked, burned, bounced, stolen...I think of all the ways I'd blow 4g and have nothing to show for it.