Pin / Impact Help

By dante42, in Warhammer: Diskwars

So my opponent has five people piled up in the watchtower. Four on the bottom (orc boyz), with one on top (Orc Shaman). Think of this as an X pattern.

I send Karl Franz in and her lands so that he is touching the center guy and two of the guys under him.

1) Does impact only affect the Orc Shaman? Or does it also affect the two orc boyz he is touching?

2) Only the Orc Shaman is pinned, right? The other two are not pinned.

The same scenario, except this time I come in with a Sun Dragon. He breathes on 1 target and everyone in an engagement with that target as his focus ability. If I target the Orc Shaman is:

a) Only the shaman affected?

b) Everyone touching the shaman affected?

1) Only the Orc shaman.

2) YES, they are already pinned by the Orc Shaman (teammates DO pin friendly disks).

I don't have the sun dragon disk with me, so I'll leave that one for someone else (or answer it later)

Interesting. So if an orc boy was sitting on top of an orc shaman in that stack, the orc shaman would not have been able to blow me up until the orc boy moved off of him. That changes some tactics quiet a bit......

Thanks for the help!

The Dragon hits only the target unit and any units with which it was engaged. So if he pins the Shaman, only the Shaman and Dragon would be hit, as you can only engage an enemy disk. Thus, the shaman is engaged with the dragon, but not with his allies.

If the dragon were to pin multiple enemy units directly, his ability would then hit all of them (as well as himself and any friendly units also in the engagement).

The Dragon hits only the target unit and any units with which it was engaged. So if he pins the Shaman, only the Shaman and Dragon would be hit, as you can only engage an enemy disk. Thus, the shaman is engaged with the dragon, but not with his allies.

If the dragon were to pin multiple enemy units directly, his ability would then hit all of them (as well as himself and any friendly units also in the engagement).

The Dragon's ability only affects the target and any disk engaged with the target, so if the Dragon uses it on itself, all enemies engaged with it (and the dragon itself, of course), would be damaged, but not other disks in the engagement. If it targets an enemy, all allies engaged with that enemy would be affected too. So unless you are playing multiplayer where you can fire at enemy combats,be prepared to fire on your own troops