Force dice limited in 1 turn ???

By JP_JP, in Game Mechanics

Let's say my character is a Consular Sage + Niman DIsciple.

If I use the talent " The Force is my Ally " to use the Force Move power to throw a rock on a minion, then use " Enhance Force Power " to Force jump (with Control upgrade to a manoeuver) and then use " Draw Closer " to slash the rival in the group...Do I get my full Force Rating dice pool for each of these rolls ? or do I have to split my Force rating dice pool on these 3 rolls ???

To me, i'd get my full dice pool on all those 3 rolls... but I remember reading somewhere that you'd have to use your force dice pool wisely because it will be a manageable ressource.

To me, i'd get my full dice pool on all those 3 rolls... but I remember reading somewhere that you'd have to use your force dice pool wisely because it will be a manageable ressource.

If you commit a die for some power or talent, then you don’t get to use it again until it is un-committed. Otherwise, I would think you should be able to use the full FR for all rolls.

If you were to do a maneuver that involved Athletics, then a Brawl/Melee attack, and then you suffered damage in a way that caused you to have to make a Resilience roll, you’d get to use your full Brawn characteristic for each of those activities. I don’t see why it should be different with FR.

Edited by bradknowles

If you commit a die for some power or talent, then you don’t get to use it again until it is un-committed. Otherwise, I would think you should be able to use the full FR for all rolls.

If you were to do a maneuver that involved Athletics, then a Brawl/Melee attack, and then you suffered damage in a way that caused you to have to make a Resilience roll, you’d get to use your full Brawn characteristic for each of those activities. I don’t see why it should be different with FR.

This.

The only thing that reduces the amount of Force Dice you roll is if you've committed them. Otherwise roll the fill Force Die pool for each use of the Force you make in a turn.

I just looked over the rules in FaD and didn't see anywhere where it says you have to divvy out your Force dice amongst any power or talent that you use in a single round. As everyone else said, the only limit to Force dice rolled is if you have one or more committed to an ongoing effect (which lowers your current Force rating). If a power or talent says to roll Force dice based on your current FR, and you have the action or maneuvers (or incidentals) to use the talent or power multiple times, then each activation can use your full current FR for adding Force dice. If your current FR is 0 due to committed dice, well... ;)

Of course, as always, I could be wrong :) But I don't think I am.

Edited by OggDude