New handmade Teams

By arwaker, in Blood Bowl: Team Manager

I am working on some new teams, forming the new Luminous Guardian Alliance (LGA) , consisting in Amazones, High Elfs and Lizardmen.

One can print the images, cut them and put them into card schooners (what is the correct english word?) like with for example Magic cards.

I would be interested what you think about it. About the rules i had planned, and about the images. Especially i would welcome help with the english card texts (i have no english version), playtesting, suggestions for images and any help with graphical design.

I will post new cards regularly.

Here a first impression:

10647211_713348075407032_945481505428083

Edited by arwaker

Here are the first new rule concepts of the teams:
Opinions and playtsting very welcome

High Elfs

4 Linemen 1-0
Guard

2 Phoenix Warriors 2-1
1 Pass / 1 Tackle
Dauntless
Reveal (if you successfully tackle a player with cheat tokens, you may check one and decide to discard it)

2 Shadow Warriors 2-1
1 Pass / 2 Sprint
Dodge

2 Lion Warriors 3-1
1 Pass / 1 Tackle
Sure Hands

2 Dragon Warriors 3-1
1 Tackle / 1 Pass / 1 Sprint
Flaming Fury (players tackeling or been tackled by the Dragon Warrior may not use downed abilities after that tackle)

This team is built around the idea of /-abilities. Decide in each situation what skill is the best. The team is very flexible and able to face any opponent. But it might not be so easy to play out their advantage, as only experienced players will make the right decisions what skill to use.

Dark Elfs, Amazons and Undead will suffer due to the Flaming Fury ability. Chaos and Skaven suffer due to the Reveal ability.

As High Elfs are the "good ones", they have not a single cheat (like Woodies). They can even punish the enemy for cheating. They have an overall good quantity of Sprint and Pass, but not as much as Woodelfs. They are somewhere inbetween Wood- and Darkelfs.

Amazons

4 Linewomen 1-0
Guard

2 Nymphe 2-1
2 Pass
Dump Off

1 downed Tackle

2 Sylphe 2-1
2 Sprint
Dodge

1 downed Pass

2 Undine 2-1
2 Tackle
Juggernaut

1 downed Sprint

2 Vakyrie 3-1
1 Tackle
1 Cheat
Dauntless

1 downed Cheat

This team is built around the idea of downed abilities. The three weak players Nymphe, Syphe and Undine are like a circle, in combination you have 2 of each the abilities Tackle, Pass and Sprint, and one of each as downed ability. The team has the weakest starpower overall, but own a lot of standing and downed abilities. Especially Nymphe and Sylphe work perfectly together. A special weakness of the amazons are enemies that often carry their ball on STR3 player, like Vampire, Human, Darkelf or Undead.

The Amazones are especially strong vs teams that have a lot of tackle, as then they can profit from their downed abiliteis.

Lizardmen

4 Skink Runners 1-0
1 Pass
1 Sprint

4 Saurus Blockers 3-1
Guard

3 Saurus Blitzer 3-1
1 Tackle
Piling On

1 Croxigor 4-2
1 Tackle
1 Cheat
Juggernaut
Regeneration

The basic idea of this team was, to make it completely different. They have the highest Starpower overall in the game, but they really suffer good skill synergies. It really hurts to prone a 3-1 Saurus in order to save 1 Skink with the ball. You really dont know what to discard with your Sprints, Saurus Blockers or Skinks... Both are compareably useful. You will have a hard time to keep your Starpower advantage.

Piling On for the STR3 Blitzers makes Lizardmen especialy strong vs teams with a lot of STR2 players like Skaven and Elfs.

As they do not have a lot of skills, you cant do that much wrong. A good team for beginners.

Edited by arwaker

Great idea arwaker, i'll encourage you !

1) Concerning your syndicate LGA, i would have chosen the halfelings instead of the high elves (we have already two elves teams it's enough, let's keep it for another extension, although your high elves team look pretty good), and i would have called it the TJS (tribals jungle syndicate) or something like that.

The halfelings would be in the same way that the goblins (with the stunty capacity, or may be titchy, jump up, or leap !), with two tree men , and a new capacity like "take root", and "throw team mate" for them.

2) Your amazons team is great. Nothing more to say about it. Dauntless (vallkyrie) and juggernaut (undine) fit them well.

3) The composition of your lizardmen team is good, but i would have added the "prehensil tail" instead of juggernaut for the kroxigor. Don't forget that the "big" character of 4 star power always has a special (and new) capacity.

Keep on going ! I am in a hurry to see your "hand-made" stars, like zara the slayer (amazones) or silibily (lizard men).

Edited by kinor

Thank you for the flowers. I will keep that in mind.

Here some new player cards.

10628058_716152735126566_382061613005496

10660366_716238568451316_790894129542210

Edited by arwaker

10686867_717242291684277_554541094898263

10341697_717242345017605_632338819863876

Just one question arkwaker. where did you see sylphs and undines in the blood bowl amazon team ?

I think he didn't check or went for personal imagination.

The only "fae" stuff that amazons teams had some time ago was a pegasus and it was removed in the later books. They currently have linewomen, catchers, throwers and blitzers, like humans, but play very differently.

So far FFG generally stuck to the official selection, but they went vaguely creative with certain teams. Say vampires got "veteran thralls", nurgle have "clinging rotters" that are basically skilled versions of the linemen. I think Chaos dwarves also got an hobgoblin stabber or thrower too and wood elves got a bonus wardancer. But yeah they didn't add "races" or re-invent positionals in there.

It' s sure that playing with a mermaid's tail (for the undine) must be very difficult on a blood bowl pitch !

Anyway, i'm in a hurry to see his star player cards like zara the slayer.

Edited by kinor

Well, i know the amazon team in the board game, i even have miniatures for them (not the original one). I know them and their specific playstyle very well, but i dont like it that much. Imho they are rather boring rosterwise. While Norse have some special and stylish positions, the amazons only have thrower, catcher and blitzer. They are imho too similar to normal humans.

As it is no good idea to give all amazons for the team manager game a dodge abiliy like they have in the board game (tackle teams are already in disadvantage and an all over dodge team would even make it worse) I thought about a complete new team of amazons. A more fantasy like. The positionals are not real mermaids or something. Its more like a name for a very specialized player position. The images are chosen with respect to the availability. One could imagine they are more like propaganda, and the real players are rather normal human women.

One could as well change names and images, the more interesting thing is the balancing. I tried to build a new, very special team with rather extreme stats ( they have the lowest star power of all). The more interesting question is how they work in the game. After two test games (using the human starplayers) it feels like they are a little bit weak.

You mean, twelve teams are not enough for you at this stage? You really wanna play half naked girls with pointy ears... :P

Arwaker, I know this is a couple years after you originally posted the images, but if you're still around and manage to see this, is there anyway you could re-post the links for those images? I would really love new teams but your links have expired. Thanks!

The guy's offline since 2015/08/19. Shoot him a PM, so that if he has the private message system here linked to his email, he'll get a notification

If someone ever gets it reposted - I'd be happy to assist with generating the cards ;)

On 2/13/2017 at 5:19 PM, JustinKase said:

If someone ever gets it reposted - I'd be happy to assist with generating the cards ;)

I have sent him two messages now so I just hope he responds! In the meantime, do you know how to photoshop? Maybe you and I could work on some new cards if you're willing!