Leadership cards - answers how to use them

By cyb3k, in StarCraft

I couldn't quess how to use properly many Leadership Cards, so I sent all my questions to FFG.

Below are the answers I've received. Use those rules in your games, if you like them.

I only forgot about promotional cards, so I had to sent another e-mail, I'll post the reply when I receive it.

Rule Question:
Here's a set of questions concerning Leadership Cards. Rules for those cards can be interpreted in many ways.

OVERMIND

1) "Overmind" (Stage 1.) - Can player gain 1CP (at the start of Regrouping phase) even if he doesn't control the area containing instalation (so he will lose it just after this step)?

ALDARIS

2) "Conclave Fleet" (Stage 1.) - Can player place units from this card on board also, when player controlling Arcturus Mengsk executes Star order as Mobilize?

JIM RAYNOR

3) "Covert Operations" (Stage 1.) - Can Ghosts on this card be used despite Air Support module? Can they be placed on active planet despite not having any transports on its navigation routes?
Does player have to obey the rules of placing orders with this card (occupied or adjacent planets only)?

4) "Make do with little" (Stage 2.) - Is it allowed to build a free worker or transport even without having a base on active planet?

1) The conquest points would not be gained until the "Gain Conquest points" step of the regrouping phase. I will update this in the FAQ.
2) Yes. Using the star order as a Mobilize order would count for using this card.
3) Air support module can prevent these units from being placed (since they did not start on the same planet). Transports however, are NOT required to place these units.
4) The player would need a base on the planet in order to build the worker or transport.

I hope that this answers your questions!
-Corey Konieczka
Fantasy Flight Games
Game Design and Development

Thanks a lot! Especially the Ghost-part is interesting.

So you cannot attack bases which have air support module because the ghosts considered to be on the card, not on the planet. But if you build an offensive module you can attack his base from the card? But then you cannot destroy transport to move there because it doesnt exist. So it is nonsense for me.

The answer to the covert Operations LSC surprises me.

Im sure, that the text says "....as if there where on the planet." or something like that.That means to me that when you are revealing an Mobilize Order (MO) on a planet the ghostunits are already there. Accordingly you can directly attack with units from the card into a base upgraded with air-defens-module.

In addition following situation must be possible: You put some units on a planet (for example with "scouting party").You put an order there but your opponent beats your units first an now controls all ares of the planet. After that you reaveal your mobilize order. In my opinion your are allowed to attack with your ghosts fom the LSC, because you can move them like "there where on the planet". Regardless of transports or navigationsroutes.

Before this reply, I was also thinking that Ghosts can be placed anywhere, because "they were on the planet", although it was making this card too usefull, and dangerous to enemies.

Perhaps Offensive module still can disable Air Support module in this case. I included similar question in mentioned e-mail.

Ok, it appeared that we were right happy.gif

Rule question:

3) Is there any way to use Ghosts from this card to attack enemy base with Air Support module, using only one Mobilize order? For example, destroying any (or additional) transports on planet's navigation route(s) during executing Mobilize order?

UED

5) General DuGalle (Stage 2.) - "When it is present at the start of a battle, opposing
non-cloaking units that retreat or withdraw are instead destroyed."
So, can this hero always kill units using Cloaking ability in battle? When is it possible? According to rules and your previous replies:
- only units with "Cloaking" ability can withdraw (unless enemy has "Detector" in skirmish),
- withdraws are resolved during skirmish resolution, so "Cloaking" can be used only during this step of battle, and only to withdraw

3) Sorry, I was wrong initially. Since the Ghost on the card are moved "As if on the planet", they may ignore Air Defense module!
5) If you had a different special ability that allowed you to withdraw, then you would not be able to. I can't think of the cards off the top of my head.

Thanks!
-Corey Konieczka
Fantasy Flight Games
Game Design and Development